Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N.Bicalcarata and N.Ampularia questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses I have a couple 6inch pots that I had on hand so I'll probably repot them tommarow I also found on another thread with this mix for a bicalcarata peat/perlite/vermiculite/lfs all one to one ratio except the peat I put extra in and a handful of orchid bark in the mix does this mix sound good too?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I did the repot for my N.Ampullaria and N.Bicalcarata I took some pictures unfortunately I didn't take pictures of the roots to show I didn't want to keep it out for too long so far the neps are doing good, but it's only been a day so I guess in a couple of weeks I'll post an update and maybe I'll go to my cousins house to use their computer to post pictures of them since it takes an hour or so to put one picture on photobucket since I have dial-up right now..

I don't have pictures of the roots, but the ampullaria had a good, bit of roots and the bicalcarata has some roots not has much as the ampullaria, but both look pretty healthy and the growing tip on the bicalcarata is getting tiny bit bigger than what I first got it and the amp is too.

Thanks for the information and help I hope these two little guys grow nicely for me I'm pretty excited to see the bicalcarata pitcher when it does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job. They really need to be in a big pot especially bical. Your bical may slow growth at first after a repot although the ones I have never do. Supposedlly bicals roots can be sensitive if plant was root bound. That is why I like to overpot bical. Getting ready to repot a seedling bical red x orange from a 6" pot to a 12" pot myself. Has been in the 6" pot for right at 1 year. Has gone from a 6" leatspan to 24" leafspan in that time. They usually take off after a repot for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hopefully this wont create any angst, but I've read that of all neps that the bical is the one that usually does better in a mostly peat mix since in its natural habitat it grows in peat swamps... its a bit different than every other nep.

I'm sure it'll grow great in the mix you put it in, just thought I'd share my two cents since I'm dealing with the exact same plants you are from the same place and the same size

show those pics!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to highjack your thread but, I also have a bical. but, what leaf span should fangs start to show on it. (It finially pitchered agian!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmm889 View Post
    hopefully this wont create any angst, but I've read that of all neps that the bical is the one that usually does better in a mostly peat mix since in its natural habitat it grows in peat swamps... its a bit different than every other nep.

I'm sure it'll grow great in the mix you put it in, just thought I'd share my two cents since I'm dealing with the exact same plants you are from the same place and the same size

show those pics!
    Before repoting I read a little on media for bicals I saw they would be better in mostly peat mix, but I already had to media mixed up so I added extra peat to the mix then I repoted the Neps so far they're doing well the pitchers on the amp is still fine and the bical looks ok I guess I'll see how they do in the mix in a few monthes I don't mind you saying that I agree I probably should have just made a new mix of media and used the other stuff for a different Nep, but it's kinda late now so I'll keep watch on the two guys and see how they do once they start growing good I'll post an update hopefully with pictures.

So far things have gone good the N.Ampullaria's growth point has gotten a tiny bit bigger and the bicalcarata is doing fine it has no pitchers on it's leaves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12