What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Family member, N. Miranda

Well, a member of this forum who is a friend of mine, Chunkyhunks, sent me this plant because he couldnt keep it in southern california...WAAAAY to big for a terrarium. and its not exactly windowsill sized either.
it looks a bit ragged from the outdoor growing in southern cali, but with a little TLC, will be quite the amazing plant soon.
CPs7-30-08012.jpg

CPs7-30-08013.jpg

nice! am i imagining things or is that a petiole dip in the last pic? :0

petiolata dip?

sure is. the tendril descends just short of the end of the leaf, like Rajah

You've been getting a lot of stuff lately. I wish I had more space/a stable lifestyle. But spiffy, I've always wanted one of those.

nice, hope it pitchers soon!

petiole dip also known as peltate. Just expanding the vocab been rereading clarke's book.

ahh peltate that was the word! thank Nep369, i couldnt think of it! thats very interesting SKO, keep an eye on it!

its strange, as far as i can tell, neither of Miranda's parent plants have the peltate dip (Maxima or Northiana) the hybrid being (Maxima x Northiana) x Maxima for those who dont know

they are a nice plant. This is the one nep I can reliably find around at stores, knowing which stores to look at.

If you go to Lowe's it is hit or miss in the death cubes, but if you go to a place that just does plants you find large Mirandas

well i found some better pics of Northiana, and it seems that is where Miranda received the peltate leaf.

Back