What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my first nep!

upper

Capensis Killer
its smaller than i thought it would be though :-))
these are ventricosa red.
IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

and should i trim off the leaves with dead/cutoff pitcher?

Which speciec is it?

ventricosa red

Congrats on your nep!

looks very healthy! good luck and i hope you have many pitchers on it! :)

Unless the sight of the "bad" leaves is burning out your retina then I say leave them. I can't see what you are talking about from the picture but congrats.

Nice nep :). N. ventricosa 'red' is supposed to be smaller than regular N. ventricosa from what I've heard.

lol it may be small now, but ventricosa is fast, here in a few months it should be a nice size

here's a few day for you..
IMG_1989.jpg

i took a piece of wood from my computer table and nailed it to my windowsill so i can put these stuff on here.... my windowsill is wayyyyyy too small..
new Mix
1:1 LFS,Pumice.
any comment/suggestion would be nice.

I have the same plant from the same source. It is a great plant and the pitchers really are fantastic. Unfortunately I all but lost mine so I went from a plant 18" tall to a plant that barely reaches out of a 2" pot.

Oh well.. ventricosa does not like Atlanta in the summer.

Did it get smaller LOL! J/K But did you repot it? It does look alot smaller.

i think it is. xD

IMG_1919.jpg
IMG_1989.jpg

does the sun look sufficient?

That might be because the second photo was taken further away :p.

take another with the penny.:-))

Nice little Nepenthes I can't say if that looks like good lighting from the picture it looks like its good, but what is the window facing?

That Nep maybe small looking now, but once it gets all used to it's growing area it'll look like a very nice plant keep us updated on your new baby It'll be nice to see how it looks once it's growing good.. =)

its in an east facing window, i figure if i put it in sphagnum and pumice, it'll increase humidity.

Lol, my friend has to upgrade his window too. His window is slanted so we're going to make a staircase type thing and stick it in the window. Nice ventricosa. Hopefully it won't start acting all weird like mine after I got it.

here's the comparison with the penny

IMG_1919.jpg

penny.jpg

I would have to say it got slightly bigger.

Back