What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N Lowii about to open its new pitcher

the pitcher size has more than doubled from its previous one. Im pretty excited about this one, my lowii seems to love my terrarium. you can see my newly onpened bongso pitcher in the background, its a bit smaller than the others from adjustment.
NLowii8-5-08001.jpg

Congratulations on the lowii and bongso! It is usually green on the bottom quarter of the pitcher? It looks neat :).

well my guess is it will color up completely once its opened, in most pictures ive seen, the whole pitcher is that deep crimson red. im just glad my lighting is good enough to get it to this point

Hell, here is a pic from May 22nd when i got it
Right after repotting
NLowii002.jpg

Then added a top layer of live LFS
NLowii007.jpg

Yesterday
NLowii8-5-08001.jpg

Then today, you can already see the difference in the new leaf...it loves me i think
TerrariumLowii1.jpg

aaaaand the lights.
4x 24" 20w Daylight/coolwhite spectrum fluorescent bulbs

Do I see guitar hero under there? :jester:

It's going blow any minute now.

Oh wow! How old would that plant be?

The Lowii is probably 2 or 3...im not quite sure. and yes you do see guitar hero, hush

Oh! Great !! Nice job!:-D

Well within the last 2 hours, the pitcher has begun to open ;3 first lowii pitcher ive been able to see develope and open, so im excited....its taken 2 months >_> so BLEH

i'd like to see it open.
any pics?

err a couple blurry pics of it barely opened...its still...barely opened, but enough to see the peristome and the bristles under the lid....ill post pics of it tomorrow

Its opened :3 not completely, but its opened up. it has hairs!!! yay! and the peristome is beautifully striped
openinglowiipitcher005.jpg

Excellent, SK! Wow, that pitcher is quite an improvement over the last few. I really like the peristome, and I can't wait for later pics of the hairs!

I have to agree, it does have a nice peristome :).

hehe here it is, you can see some of the hairs in this one!!!
openinglowiipitcher008-1.jpg

kinda hard to see its lid of tiny hairs, but they are there...
Lowii001-1.jpg

Back