Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hamata

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I do put it in a fridge at night. It goes in with a densiflora every night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahaha here in a couple months ill be able to get my room down to 45 no problem....xDDD washington state is funny like that....ill just have to sleep with 2 blankets the things we do for the sake of our plants....o_o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new Hamata

Just got a small Hamata with one pitcher on it and another just starting to grow. Now I have a 2 40watt floresent light and I keep it at 75 during the day and about 45 at night. do you guys think that is enough. would love some opinions from you guys that have grown these.
    I live in the north east and the and the weather has been very wet and cool. Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by domj View Post
    Just got a small Hamata with one pitcher on it and another just starting to grow. Now I have a 2 40watt floresent light and I keep it at 75 during the day and about 45 at night. do you guys think that is enough. would love some opinions from you guys that have grown these.
    I live in the north east and the and the weather has been very wet and cool. Thanks
    Sounds promising, especially the cool temps at night. Humidity is also an important factor, especially with young plants, whose leaves are terribly thin . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Truncata View Post
    What's the growth rate of your hamata? In a month and a half my hamata has produced two new leaves and a pitcher. I grow mine with daily temperatures of 80-90 and night temperatures of 45. The humidity is around 70% during the day and 50% or less during the night.
    I'd say one pitcher about every 6 weeks sounds about right. That's for my seed-grown hamatas. I used to have a BE clone and that seemed to grow slower. Temps sound good too. Mine only gets down in the 40s in the winter time. 50s the rest of the year. You might be better off with higher humidity at night though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pics! I could probably grow one here in FL if I stuck it in the fridge every night lol (very tempted to try that now). How long have you had yours?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @hamata

Wow, never thought I'd see this thread again. The hamata is long gone, died while I was away at summer camp two years back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12