What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes sibuyanensis

i just started with a nep i heard they grow pretty fast, so i didnt expect 2 month to develop a leaf with a pitcher o_O especially when i have to grow it indoor.:crazy: :crazy: :blush:

This is where quantity comes in. Get enough plants and there's always something going on, so you're not constantly hung up on the slowness of that one plant. :D

i'll get like 2-3 plant. i want a medium sized plant, in like a 4-6 inch pots or something. not small 3inch plant or Giant 16 inch plant. just wanna start at the middle right now. my ventricosa already made 1 or 2 extra leaf with pitcher on it, and its getting BIGGER every day.

This is where quantity comes in. Get enough plants and there's always something going on, so you're not constantly hung up on the slowness of that one plant. :D

This is one of the primary reasons I grew my nep collection. I had a couple plants, but it was like watching paint dry waiting for the next pitcher. Now - something is always happening!

I think it can also depend on the clone of a particular plant as well. I received a N. spectabilis in the second week of June. It's been happily growing in lowland conditions with humidity between 40-60% and has produced at least 4-5 pitchers in that amount of time. I find it to be one of the more faster growing Nepenthes. Maybe I'm just lucky? *knocks on wood*.

I know there's a few people that have received a spec and have had no luck in getting it to pitcher at all under proper conditions.

Crystal

I have the 'ugly duckling' spectabilis, north sumatra, and it does grow fast - faster then by ventricosa even. But I haven't had much luck getting mine to pitcher, after about 6 months. But - I think that may change soon. One pitcher is finally starting to inflate. Guess it just took a long time to settle in. Can't wait!

i just need nepenthes that can survive lower humidity and can grow on an east windowsill... i prefer small fat and tubby pitcher..
or one that looks like chunkyhunks avatar.

if you like small, fat tubby pitchers, get a ventricosa x ampullaria, if you can find one. I only recommend this because it is easy growing, and has pitchers to meet what you are looking for.

N000000172.jpg

this one?

that one looks nice. i'll try to look for it online.
how about talangesis?

Talangensis is a very picky highland plant in my experiance upper, id get a terrarium set up if your going to get a Talangensis, here is my plant a couple of months ago...its not to happy right now, but its finally adjusting i think
Lower pitcher
NTalangensis011.jpg

Lower pitcher again, sorry about flash.
Nepenthesupdate6-3-08008.jpg

whole plant
Nepenthesupdate6-3-08009.jpg

Intermediate pitcher developing
NTalangensis009.jpg

opened intermediate
Talangensisintermediatepitcher004.jpg

Talangensisintermediatepitcher003.jpg

that looks so cool. did you take it out of the terrarium or something to take picture? or do you grow it there?

took it out of the terrarium, its outside now though. and its not happy with me for moving it....but its finally adjusting.

so it CAN adjust....
if i get those neps that need higher humidity, i'll just do the little adjusting thing. removing humidity little by little.

ooh man this is lame. there's a guy trading his ventricosa x amp. but i dont have anything for trade yet. cant seem to find anywhere that sells ventricosa x amp

offer payment =]

anyways. the hardening off/ adjusting trick with the harder neps does not always work. it worked with my mira, fusca sarawak, muluensis x lowii and raff. it failed with talangensis, albomarginata and several others. its mostly a toss of the die...but it does sometimes work.

Alex

i know my ventricosa's happy right now, there's like 3 new pitcher forming, and an extra one coming out from the middle right now.
i didnt know payment was an option in the trading zone?

What happens between you and someone else in PMs is you and that person's business ;). You just can't make a public offer.

updated pics of my ventricosa "red" :D
2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

It's against the rule to buy the plant, but I think glider14 means offer payment for shiping unless the person offering the nep only wants just CP as trade I guess it doesn't hurt to ask the person about it..

I haven't seen a N. ventricosa x ampullaria listed here so presumably it's an offer on another forum/site.

xvart.

Back