What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New babies!!! :3

Well, first Hamata is here. from Pyro, i was surprised to see it had a basal! i went ahead and seperated it as the basal itself was already forming a couple of roots, but the roots were rather small. Oh well, i havent failed in rooting a cutting yet, so ill just treat it like a cutting. They are still small, but with time and love, they will grow ^^
Thanks again Travis, youve been a great help. Now to wait out the month for my seedgrown one x)

P.S
Ant, please dont go and say EWWW Hamata....its kinda rude -_-

NepenthesHamata.jpg

NepenthesHamata001.jpg

Congratulations on the new hamatas!

wow! really nice sized plants. Very very healthy. :D

Thanks guys, Hopefully here in my terrarium they will do great. I guess its a matter of time. If my lowii is happy....the Hamatas should be happy as well....

very nice.... what will you do in a couple of years when it gets big?

ps. eww.. Hama*get shot*

Lol i will by then, have my greenhouse set up. :3

aaaand crap....I hope its just shock from changing conditions, but the new leaf on the main plant is darkening...like has blackened a bit, and the new pitcher growth on the leave has dried.
NepenthesHamata004.jpg

if it does go black. the plant can always come back from dormant nodes or as basals if need be. just keep its conditions constant!

Alex

Your lucky, your hamata arrived much bigger than mine. Mine arrived about the size of a quarter and is now half an inch larger.

I wouldn't say that! :slap: Congrats on the new plant!

well...whats the status cheif?

Alex

I don't think the blackening growth and drying pitcher should be a problem, Kris. The same thing happened (with the addition of all the pitchers dying) on my fusca 'flared peristome' when I first got it about a month ago. I know this is a different plant, but it already recovered and made a new pitcher. So I think your plant is just adjusting to the new conditions.
I predict the next thing that will happen is the pitchers will die. But like I said, if that happens it's probably just adjusting.

There's my $.02. lol

Good luck and nice plant.

Matt

I would've kept them together. How are they doing?

xvart.

they are adjusting....i found out what i did wrong, completely forgot Hamata was a low light liking nep...

Really? My hamata is a pig for light.

Back