What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cindy

Staff member
Three weeks of being involved with the Singapore Garden Festival...then the week after, I went for an operation. Last week, I finally have a chance to take a look after my plants and take some photos.

A month of not pruning and neatening the mess at my balcony... :blush:

N. albomarginata 'black'
albo_black.jpg

N. albomarginata - green, rather different from the black form with the high peristome
albo_green.jpg

albo_green2.jpg

N. albomarginata - green, baby pitcher on its basal
albo_green1.jpg

N. ampullaria 'red lips'
amp_redlips.jpg

N. ampullaria 'Brunei red' - nice pitcher about 3"
ampbr.jpg

ampbr1.jpg

N. globusa aka 'Viking' - came as grade A, a rounder pitcher
globusa-1.jpg

globusa1.jpg

N. globusa - seedling
globusa2.jpg

N. x kuchingensis - natural hybrid of N. ampullaria x mirabilis
kuchinensis.jpg

N. macrovulgaris x reinwardtiana - not very spectacular pitchers but beautiful red leaves
macroxrein.jpg

macroxrein1.jpg

N. maxima - highland form, looking very thin
maxima.jpg

N. maxima 'Borone' - lowland form
maxima_borone.jpg

N. mirabilis 'red'
mirabilis.jpg

N. northiana - pitcher formed at my balcony, receives direct setting sunlight
northiana_bal.jpg

N. rafflesiana 'clone 88' - elongata form, very handsome pitcher sitting in its own 3" pot
raff88.jpg

raff88_1.jpg

N. rafflesiana - nivea form, very pale coloured pitcher which I hope will remain when it grows larger
raff_nivea.jpg

N. rafflesiana - red form, looking very nice pink when it is young
raff_pink.jpg

N. veitchii - 'f' form from Exotica Plants, requires high light levels to pitcher
veitchii.jpg

veitchii1.jpg

N. rafflesiana - red form, has open!
raff_red1.jpg

N. x kuchingensis - from BE, crossed with mirabilis echinostroma
kuchingensis_be-1.jpg

N. sibuyanensis x ventricosa - not as good-looking as before with the heat, lost its speckles
sibuxvent.jpg

N. truncata x mira - red colour is maintained with the hot weather
txm.jpg

N. eustachya - from seed
eustachya-1.jpg

N. bicalcarata x ampullaria - see the two fangs? So cute!
bicalxamp.jpg

N. globusa - didn't see this one hiding inbetween pots until today
globusa_red.jpg

globusa_red1.jpg

N. ampullaria 'Bau red' - despite the green speckles, this clone is simply great at forming clumps of pitchers
amp_bau.jpg

Good growing, as always, Cindy. They don't look too neglected to me! lol. I haven't had much time recently to tend to my collection, and I imagine by now my neglect is much more "obvious" than yours!

xvart.

Very nice cindy, i love the amps and the truncata x mira :3

Prettyful!
I like them a lot. Is 'bau red' ampullaria kind of like 'red moon' ampullaria???

Glad I don't have dialup! No Perlite? Mine should look so good!

Very nice albomarginata, the peristome looks like a tentactula's in the way a valley is formed at the bottom.

Holy...I can't even explain how nice they are o_O. But I'll try...AWESOME.

N. veitchii 'f' form really has an interesting color.

Nice rafflesiana. How tall and old is the plant?

very very nice Cindy! Who was watering them? Do u have a pump system to automatically water them?

Nice looking plants Cindy. Wish my "messy" plants looked half that good.

Nice rafflesiana. How tall and old is the plant?

The plant came last January as a small size plant, ~ 5cm across. It is now still growing in a 3" pot. The plant itself is 4" tall and with 4" leaves. The pitcher shown is 5.5". A pretty cool clone to grow in hot and humid lowland conditions.

Who was watering them? Do u have a pump system to automatically water them?

Varun, the pump is I-Me-Myself. All the time I have with them is at night when I do the watering. The exhibition is from 10am to 10pm and by the time I reach home after dinner (which is actually supper), I am dead beat. In the process, I missed out my N. danseri and it went bone dry. Fortunately, it is coming back from the base of the stem.

Impressive!!! They don't look neglected to me at all. Beautiful!

I want that last amp! :0o:

If that is neglecting, then I need to do that with my plants. :D

Very Sweet!

Is 'bau red' ampullaria kind of like 'red moon' ampullaria

Hi Katherine, I don't think they are the same. The "red moon" amps tends to have a more even colouration and little green speckles. The peristome is also all green or yellow. Mine has got stripes on the peristome.

I always have to comment on your threads. I cannot grow anything lowland, and simply love seeing what you're growing. You have such a great and expansive collection, and always have excellent photos to share. Thanks, and great looking plants. I don't know how you manage to take care of all of them.

N. rafflesiana - nivea form, very pale coloured pitcher which I hope will remain when it grows larger
raff_nivea.jpg

N. rafflesiana - red form, looking very nice pink when it is young
raff_pink.jpg

N. veitchii - 'f' form from Exotica Plants, requires high light levels to pitcher
veitchii.jpg

veitchii1.jpg

N. rafflesiana - red form, has open!
raff_red1.jpg

N. x kuchingensis - from BE, crossed with mirabilis echinostroma
kuchingensis_be-1.jpg

N. sibuyanensis x ventricosa - not as good-looking as before with the heat, lost its speckles
sibuxvent.jpg

N. truncata x mira - red colour is maintained with the hot weather
txm.jpg

N. eustachya - from seed
eustachya-1.jpg

N. bicalcarata x ampullaria - see the two fangs? So cute!
bicalxamp.jpg

N. globusa - didn't see this one hiding inbetween pots until today
globusa_red.jpg

globusa_red1.jpg

N. ampullaria 'Bau red' - despite the green speckles, this clone is simply great at forming clumps of pitchers
amp_bau.jpg

im drooling over your red lips ampullaria! i wish i can get it. in malaysia its hard to find ='(

Back