What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neps you don't care for

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
We all have our favorites, that's a given. But here, you can dis the neps that just don't do it for you, for any reason. I'll start. For some reason, I just don't like the way the pitchers on the following look:

Clipeata - just looks bland to me.

ampullaria - don't like the pitcher shape.

rafflesiana - I know this one is super popular, but I don't like the pitchers on this one. There are some great colors though, I'll give it that much.

'vikings' - good colors on some, but reminds me of raff too much.

albomarginita - does nothing for me

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. How 'bout you?

i like pitcher like Ampullaria.
i hate long skinny pitcher.

Nepenthes Khasiana

Just too boring.

Some neps have skinny peristomes with big fat bodies. That kinda just throws me off. I personally prefer anything with a colorful, flared, or toothed peristome. And something about ventricosa doesn't run well with me.

All green forms of stuff. Except Campys. Campys are cool.

Ventricosa - too tubby and blegh for my liking.
Khasiana - too plain and blegh as well xD
Sibuyanensis - too much like a Ventricosa
Danseri - too plain
there are a few others....but i really like the flared, toothed, striped peristomes, or the really strange pitchers like Talangensis, Jacquelineae, Jamban, Aristolochioides, etc.

N. gracils. The thin peristome, small size, and color on the plaer forms doesn't appeal to me.

most hybrids
species such as ventricosa, sanguinea, alata, etc.

N. x ventrata, it's just too...simple. I still have some, though.

All the green pitchers that have little or no spotting and what not.

I like pitchers that have a lot of spotting or colors that aren't plain. If they are green, or have little color, they need to have amazing pitcher structure. I also love miniatures such as N. tentaculata, or have small pitchers.

N. x ventrata, it's just too...simple. I still have some, though.

All the green pitchers that have little or no spotting and what not.

I like pitchers that have a lot of spotting or colors that aren't plain. If they are green, or have little color, they need to have amazing pitcher structure. I also love miniatures such as N. tentaculata, or have small pitchers.

you can send it to me if you want :D i'm still missing a ventrata.

you guys are crazy! i like/own almost all the above plants! The only nep ive ever seen that i didnt like was gliders ugly mutant one.

HAMATA!!!!: I just think it is to hairy.

Look at hurrelliana if you don't like hairy plants.

I'm with Frankie!!

You guys are nuts either that or you just haven't seen enough variety of the ones you don't like up close and personal to see each plant's unique characteristics that make it special ;>

Ive never come across any Nep that I dont like....I mean come on people, we are talking about NEPENTHES here!

Anything that doesn't grow well in my conditions :D
Seriously though I have a few neps that don't grow in my highlander tank...
I'm having much better luck with my heli and nepenthes that are highlanderish.

The nepenthes I think are just ugly are the mutants,I have one that doesn't have an opening,
peristome or anything it would be awesome color wise if it wasn't deformed.

you guys are crazy! i like/own almost all the above plants! The only nep ive ever seen that i didnt like was gliders ugly mutant one.
BYAHH! =]

i dont care for kahsiana either. there isnt one i dont like. but ones i care less for than others. some others are mostly green amps, ventratas and some forms of ventricosa.

Alex

glider, what is your mutant?

Insanity except for the ones that are thinking this way, Like victoria tony and a couple others said they're all great doesn't mean that you have to have them or truly appreciate them but at least give them the credit they deserve. Cause they are nepenthes and none should be referred in this manner. You all have your opinion but most of this has turned to biased nepenthes racism.

Back