What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neps you don't care for

Yes, you all are offending many species of Nepenthes. What if I told them what you said? I bet they would be very angry.

I dislike some breeds of dogs, but nobody gets all uptight when I say so...

They are plants people, they don't get upset about being called ugly.

ant, that was the joke...

all you guys who dishonored the Nepenthes gods by disliking a species are going to Nepenthes hell! The Nepenthes gods know all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N. ramispina is slow growing and wimpy. I dislike any Nepenthes that don't grow well in the conditions I provide it.

There are a lot of Neps that I don't care for. Basically anything that looks too much like another. It would be easier for me to list the ones that I do like than the ones that I don't.

"They are plants people, they don't get upset about being called ugly."

Are you sure about that sometimes I wonder....

Gilder's mutant is awesome what are you talking about!?!?!

I have one of it's offspring happily drooling on my growshelf. Definitely won't be breeding it though.

Larry....@ your probs with ramispina: N.ramispina is a very very easy highlander. It never skipped a beat since I got it. Even under intermediate temps of 80s max and low 70's, the plant pitchered and grew fast. As long as u can give the plant the night time drop, it should just take off. If your temps are fine, then somehting must be wrong with your media or other aspects of your culture.

all you guys who dishonored the Nepenthes gods by disliking a species are going to Nepenthes hell! The Nepenthes gods know all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unbelievers will burn in a pitcher of fire for all eternity!

I like every Nepenthes. Alata and Ventricosa are two of my favorites. There are some great forms of both plants. I try not to overlook neps just because they're easy.
I guess the Nepenthes I like the least is Gracilis. It's just somewhat plain. And I can't even grow it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nepenthes_gracilis_orange_pitcher.jpg
*Stiffles Yawn*
My all time favorite is Eyemae. It grows like Ventricosa and has weird uppers! I just wish it was still called Nepenthes Infundibiliformis.

I don't like MISLABELLED NEPS!

Grrrrrr

And I'm sure that anone here who's been cultivating for any length of time has run afoul of this particular species - N. mislabellensis.

hmm i will have to go with obergon i love all nepenthes i hmm im not shure about jamban too expensive hahhaha

ahh, just because the mislabeled nep has a STEWPID owner doesn't mean it's a bad nep. I personally wouldn't mind a specimen hamata mislabeled as a ventricosa and sold off for $15! And that would be mislabelliana or mislabellii, since those would translate as "mr mislabeller's" or "of mislabel." "mislabellensis" means "from mislabel." And yes, infundibuliformis was the BEST name!

Ive never come across any Nep that I dont like....I mean come on people, we are talking about NEPENTHES here!

I gotta agree..
I like all Neps, i think there all BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Some are very very pretty, some are very cute.. :-D

Back