What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few neps

I don't have much of a collection, but here's half it

rafflesiana (i prefer coke over pepsi)
raff1.jpg

ventrata
ventrata1.jpg

ventrata
ventrata2.jpg

caesar - post pics of your n. caesar plz:)
caesar3.jpg

caesar
caesar2.jpg

caesar
caesar1.jpg

and florida giant
florida_giant.jpg

Are you sure that is a Caesar? I've never seen one so splotched with color or such a striped peristome. Just by looking at it, I would guess there is some other parent in there somewhere, but I guess that's the beauty of seed grown Nepenthes. Anyways, here's my N. Caesar (a valentine's day gift from my wife):

NCaesar3-82408.jpg

NCaesar1-82408.jpg

NCaesar2-82408.jpg

Nice looking plants, though!

xvart.

Last edited:
I'm quite sure it's caesar. Mine probably has more n. merilliana than n. truncata.

Edit: lol, our n. caesars are in the type of pots

Deffinitly not a Truncata! lol wrong shape of leaves i would guess a hybrid with some sanguinea in it o_O as i have no idea what Caesar is

Last edited by a moderator:
My N. Caesar makes colorful pitcher like his. Well... at least eh peristome is very colorful. The body has a light red color. Unfortunately they're (the pitchers) all dead of old age... I got a new one coming!

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

Sorry the pics are sideways...

@jefforever and xvart: What conditions do you grow your N. caesar? I grow mine on a windowsill, 60% humidity, and 80-90 degrees. It grows really slow for me :/

first you have some nice nepenthes i love the peristome on the ventrata

second my cesar is growing pretty rapidly i havnt had a hygrometer or therometer in that tank for some time so im not shure about the humidity or the heat but i have my fish tank heater set at 90 degrees
here are some pics

newfolder2910.jpg

newfolder2911.jpg

newfolder2908.jpg

thanks,
NM

@jefforever and xvart: What conditions do you grow your N. caesar? I grow mine on a windowsill, 60% humidity, and 80-90 degrees. It grows really slow for me :/

Yeah... It seems a little slow, but I'm sure it'll pick up in my conditions. It's made a large leaf in that time, and it's started another. I got the plant 2 months ago in Hawaii.

I don't know my conditions. They're probably about 75 F and 80 - 90 humidity.

Its under 4 florescent tubes with mylar around it.

Also, I use Maxsea, which is pretty expensive and uncommon.

Wish I had got a Ceasar for myself when I got one for my friend.

How long dot the pitchers last on this hybrid?

A pitcher that formed 4 months ago just dried up, but that could have been a result of me forgetting to water it.

I also have a ceasar, but it's in no shape for pictures. It's recovering from a fungal infection (which, thankfully, I treated in time).

However, I would like to comment that as a hybrid, one would expect individuals of this cross to exhibit the parrental characteristics differently. My ceasar won't necessarily look like yours. Similar, to be sure, but not the same.

Recent pitcher that opened on N. Caesar:
NCaesar9308.jpg

xvart.

My N. caesar is growing at a crawling pace :( The temps i grow it at are 65-75F with 50% humidity. What conditions you guys grow it in?

How are you getting 'Ventrata' uppers???

My N. caesar is growing at a crawling pace :( The temps i grow it at are 65-75F with 50% humidity. What conditions you guys grow it in?

Mine is definitely not growing in lowland conditions. I'm currently getting swings in temps from 64F to 84F and humidity ranges from 23% to 65%.

xvart.

Back