What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rajah Lifespan

Has anyone ever heard of rajah having an indefinite life span? Apparently rajah will live forever if the enviromental conditions stay the same and it is not mauled by an animal or hiker.

Has anyone ever heard of rajah having an indefinite life span? Apparently rajah will live forever if the enviromental conditions stay the same and it is not mauled by an animal or hiker.

From what I have heard, Nepenthes rajah does have an indefinite, though not immortal life span, just like many other Nepenthes; and, like others of its kind, will readily sport new plants from the nodes and as basals from the pot itself . . .

I would assume many plants have an indefinite life span; they just die because of other factors (trees falling over, insect damage, etc.). Exceptions are just plants that live in sort of harsh climates, like alpine plants and places with wet and dry seasons or deserts.

-Ben

Just like I would live forever if I worked out everyday and ate 9 fruits and veggies each day.

xvart.

Just like I would live forever if I worked out everyday and ate 9 fruits and veggies each day.

You need protein also to grow and remain healthy. A pure veggie diet will leave you weak, stunted and on the short side. ;)

You need protein also to grow and remain healthy. A pure veggie diet will leave you weak, stunted and on the short side. ;)

Of course, I meant in addition to the perfectly balanced diet for my body mass and daily activities. ;)

xvart.

But doesn't oxygen make you age?

I don't know, the trees in our yard have all seemed to hit an age where they are readily dieing. I would say that while plants can live to be very old, many don't have indefinite life spans.

I don't know, the trees in our yard have all seemed to hit an age where they are readily dieing. I would say that while plants can live to be very old, many don't have indefinite life spans.

Could be caused by other factors such as insects, drought, stress, etc.
Here's a plant that's been living through clones.

Back