Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Truncata feeding controversy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, so you wouldn't care if you died slowy as you are being say burned alive or die peacefully with no pain in your sleep after a nice long life? There are nicer ways to die, you just can't look at death as equally horrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ant ......tell me... have you ever been shot...when i was , i didnt feel the pain, i only felt the fear of dieing...death itself is our greatest enemy, not pain, because that we over come (how would you know dieing in your sleep is peaceful, and long life...where talking about a fish not people, theres a difference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blablabla... well to die or to live one more day, in escence all living creatures are able to fell pain, and still we spray poison to kill ants and other insects in order to make our living more confortable.

Looking things on that perspective I have to agree with Divine Tree and just accept the dead as part of the nature... still I will like to die as Ant say, or at less I hope dont die on pain as my grandmother who die of cancer in the throat (I dont think the valium she has to take was for the "fear of dieing")... any way this is going away from the main post.

I still stick to insects to feed my plant, I will say they are less sentient than a fish...

N. Albomarginata, N. Ampullaria
    N. Bellii, N. Bicalcarata, N. Rafflesiana
    N. Sanguinea (Orange Pitcher), Cephalotus Follicularis

http://www.knology.net/~fus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its like.... those restaurant where they give you a living fish, skin it alive, and put lemon and stuff on it and give it to people to eat, while they're STILL alive.
    on the other hand, one chop on the head, cook everything. there's no difference.
    its like being killed instantly
    and getting tortured until you die of pain.
    i am NOT scared of death. i am scared of pain. the pain i will feel before i die. and MAYBE the pain i feel after i die.
    Happy Holiday

Katherine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to be scared of the pain of dying, too. It sounds wird because I'm so young - but i'm also particularly sensitive about movies. I never watch horror movies - they don't scare me - they send me into shock sometimes
    Anyway - I watched a movie - and in it one character was holding onto this other guys leg - if he let go he'd drop and impale himself and die. The guy he was holding onto was also held off the edge - secured by another guy. (call him 'third guy') they were in an elevator shaft - and the elevator was coming down. It would've killed all three of them - because third guy couldn't pull both of them up. So third guy told the guy he was holding onto to kick off the other guy - kick him off so he'd fall and die so he could save the other one. And all this time the guy at the bottom was screaming at him to not let him go. He didn't want to die. But the other guy still did it.
    I don't know why, but that particular scene really scared me. It made me feel sick but I couldn't think of anyway round it that wouldn't have killed all of them. It made me really scared - because I kept wondering what I would've done - and whether I woud have pleaded to stay alive at the expense of the other two as well. It made me feel sick and shivery for weeks. Then, I guess I just accepted it - that there was nothing I could do. It was life - you have to just carry on.
    The sad thing was the guy who ended up being dropped and dying - his death was instant and painless except for 2 seconds falling - but he still knew he was going to die. He didn't care it was going to be painless. It was the death itself.

I still don't watch scary movies though.

That was directed at Upper. Sorry to get off track.
    Drosera Arcturi-The Alpine Sundew...

I'm an AMP People's Choice Applicant this year, please vote for me here:
    http://ampvoting.orcas.co.nz/Applicants/Details/10699

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so, shouldn't this have been a poll? I think that he shouldn't fed the fish alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kath View Post
    I used to be scared of the pain of dying, too. It sounds wird because I'm so young - but i'm also particularly sensitive about movies. I never watch horror movies - they don't scare me - they send me into shock sometimes
    Anyway - I watched a movie - and in it one character was holding onto this other guys leg - if he let go he'd drop and impale himself and die. The guy he was holding onto was also held off the edge - secured by another guy. (call him 'third guy') they were in an elevator shaft - and the elevator was coming down. It would've killed all three of them - because third guy couldn't pull both of them up. So third guy told the guy he was holding onto to kick off the other guy - kick him off so he'd fall and die so he could save the other one. And all this time the guy at the bottom was screaming at him to not let him go. He didn't want to die. But the other guy still did it.
    I don't know why, but that particular scene really scared me. It made me feel sick but I couldn't think of anyway round it that wouldn't have killed all of them. It made me really scared - because I kept wondering what I would've done - and whether I woud have pleaded to stay alive at the expense of the other two as well. It made me feel sick and shivery for weeks. Then, I guess I just accepted it - that there was nothing I could do. It was life - you have to just carry on.
    The sad thing was the guy who ended up being dropped and dying - his death was instant and painless except for 2 seconds falling - but he still knew he was going to die. He didn't care it was going to be painless. It was the death itself.

I still don't watch scary movies though.

That was directed at Upper. Sorry to get off track.

lol, if i was in that situation as the bottom guy, and i know that it would be painless, i'll just let go. but i'm scared of the pain. the pain of the impact when my head/body hit the bottom. since it HURTS, i dont care if its like 2 second until death, when i get hurt, i feel as if the time goes slower just to torture me. if its a gunshot to the head, i'll feel the bullet go in. and then imagining being digested ALIVE, skin peeling off every second. its like.... a full body sunburn until death.

if there was a poll, i'd vote NO. feeding fish alive is very very wrong.
    Happy Holiday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me one creature's life isn't more important than another's.
    Question for you - how is this possible?

All animals can't be herbivorous.

Not a question of importants, or moral rights to live, which are 100% human ideas and 100% not applicable to nature.

Now, granted, neps don't eat fish in the wild, but so what? OTHER things eat fish, and what difference does it make who or what does the eating? Is it ok for ME to eat a fish, but not, say, a desset animal?
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast