What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so out of YOUR neps

Ugh, it's way too slow at the moment, but my favorite Nepenthes in my possession is my N. burbidgeae. I love the red stripes on the cream peristome, the blocky splotches inside the pitchers, and the purplish tinge that sometimes outline certain features of the pitchers, and I'm surprised to be able to see all that with such distinctness in a plant barely ten inches across, with about 2.5 inch pitchers. Hopefully it will speed up as things get cooler in the next few months, but for now, it's holding up quite nicely sitting on my windowsill.

My Truncata, for now, until I get an amp.

N. Caesar is my favorite atm. Ampullaria and sibuyanensis would be my favorite, but they refuse to make pitchers.

For me I really like my N. Hamatas.
Absolutely at the top of my list right now is my little baby "Ed".
N. Edwardsiana! Took these pics on 8-12.
JMatt

dsc02515un6.jpg

dsc02514wh5.jpg

aww jmat, its cute :3 can i be the godfather *cough* wants cuttings *cough* XDDD im so jealous.

damn! what a sweet heart!!!! man!! I will be waiting for when these would be available .

Who did you kill to get that?

Absolutely at the top of my list right now is my little baby "Ed".
N. Edwardsiana! Took these pics on 8-12.
JMatt

Definitely keep us updated on this. That is my single favorite nep right there (that I don't own). Can't wait to see how it turns out for you!

I never thought I'd say this, but my khasiana...I got a couple as I'd been told they were easy to grow and they were inexpensive. The bigger of the two is mediocre, I like it but I'm not overly fussed, but the smaller of the two is really nice, small, but nice. Its pitchers are such a nice cream inside and such a nice green outside, plus its pitchering again, which is the fastest recovery of any plant I've had and it lost no leaves or pitchers, which is also quite impressive.

I put it down to its size, although I have heard over and over that bigger plants adjust fastest I have always found it to be the smaller plants which adjust fastest, though I can think of no reason why this should be the case. Possibly as they were not bare rooted it is due to the minimal root disturbance (whereas bigger plants require more handling and therefore more disturbance?) not sure, but anyway thats my fav plant at the moment!

Out of my Neps my favorite one is my N.Sanguinea orange from Andy and Lowes both are pretty nice Andy's has made one big pitcher and a few more on the way and the Lowes one is a bit smaller and has around four pitchers also they produce alot of blood colored nector that tastes pretty good..

My bicalcarata hasn't pitchered yet, but most likely that'll be my favorite once it does.

Back