What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so out of YOUR neps

what is your favorite? Many people have asked "what is your favorite nep or plant" but in your current collection, which plant has stolen your heart?
i believe mine is my Aristolochioides....

Gotta be my campanulata.

Right now it looks kinda shabby, as I sunburned it at the begining of the summer :blush:

But the dammage has cause a flury of pups, so in a little while it's going to be spectacular all over again.

That I have? That would be the eymae. The hamata is still to small.:-(

sanguinea and ventricosa.... the only one i got anyways. haha

For me it's an easy tie between Nepenthes hamata, villosa, and macrophylla -- something about all those wild-coloured, highly-developed and "threatening-looking" peristomes . . .

For the moment . . .

Since I only have one... I'll go with my Ventricosa

my fav has to be my nepnethes alata or my nepenthes maxima they are very nice right now!

Out of those that I own and grow, Lady Pauline. I've got a few smaller npes that I think in time will take that title, but for now this one pitchers the most, the pitchers last longest, and it is growing more prolifically than any of my other neps.

Out of my collection would have to be N. truncata hands down.

Eyemae. Truncata and Lady Pauline are really nice as well but Eyemae performs the best for me.

Hehe...I only have N. x ventrata (Which is finally pitchering for me) and N. ventricosa 'red'. So, it's my ventricosa, but I may be getting some Neps, or maybe not, Idk.

I couldn't leave Neps alone forever after quitting my addiction to them. I've finally got one for my Anole terarrium. My fave has to be the only one I have nowadays, an N. rafflesiana giant form but is currently only 3" or so. I figure it'll eat what it can catch since I dump crix in everyday for the lizard it's bound to eat once in a while.

right now it is my bical, but soon it will be an amp.

rajah, hamata, aristolochioides.

gotta be my maxima. Either that or my xwrigleyana.

I'm surprised we haven't had any pictures, yet. My personal favorite, which I must say has been a trooper and going strong since I neglected to basically water my plants for two weeks, is my N. Kohala. I just like the pitcher and peristome coloration, peristome shape, and overall vigorousness. It just has a lot of unique characteristics.

xvart.

im super excited for my new viking...but my favorite...hmmm...probably my ventricosa, which was my first nep ever, first flowering, first upper, first everything basically!

I moved this to the Nepenthes forum.

xvart.

Well lets see, outa the 4 that are in my grow chamber at the moment, the Bical is cool looking with its fangs and nice color, buuuuuuuuuuuut it has to be the little Hookriana, not only is it cute, pretty, staying at a nice size, its been pitchering ALOT since i got it and it just stole my heart from that moment. Its just way to adorable..:-D Even though i have other neps comming in, my little Hookriana will always be #1..

My favorite in my collection is N. macrophylla for sure.

Back