What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes ventrata and meal . . .

Here is a Home Depot rescue from way back, a now four-foot female blooming vine of Nepenthes x ventrata, which has a penchant for attracting bees -- far outstripping that of the other "windowsill" Nepenthes. The subject in the photos lapped away at nectar for a couple of minutes, performed a strange "waggle" dance, climbed onto the peristome, lid, and fell "abdomen-backwards" into the pitcher. It was still struggling when I uploaded the picture.

Nasty . . .

VentrataFriend.jpg

NFriend.jpg

Nice, I think it'll enjoy it. My smaller windowsill N. x ventrata is finally producing pitchers :) (I have two)

I notice that wasps and bees have a greater chance of getting away. But my truncata still caught 2 wasps. And that is nasty.

Fantastic. Serves it right!

Night, what did it do? :poke:

It sullied our great nation. It is also known as Bush.

Which direction windowsill are ya growing it on? (like south, south-east, etc.)

-Ben

Mr. Truncata, that be isn't bush, bees hated bush for wasting money on war instead of founding research on colony callaspe disorder!

So because it got eate by a nep, that made it sin so it deserved to get eaten?

So because it got eate by a nep, that made it sin so it deserved to get eaten?

I think the correct thing to say would be that since it got ate by a Nepenthes, it deserved to get eaten, lol.

xvart.

Back