What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hey i got my first nepenthe

• Thread starter romie12321
  • Start date
and i am not sure what kind it is i got it a green house the other day here r some pic can some one tell me what kind it is.

CIMG1916.jpg

CIMG1917.jpg

CIMG1918.jpg

CIMG1922.jpg

CIMG1924.jpg

CIMG1925.jpg

CIMG1926.jpg

thank you for the help

Congratulations! I think it's still too small to ID, but it could be N. x ventrata.

thank you how long untill we could get a good ID on it

Until it produces bigger and mature pitchers. And actually, I change my mind, the leaf structure looks more like N. ventricosa.

No problem, and also, you should try to keep it drier than your Sarr. There are plenty of threads to research using the Search Function.

I think it is ventrata aswell, it matches my new basals on mine nearly to the dot.

It could be either at this point. my guess would point twords N. x Ventrata as well. though it could easily be Ventricosa as well. the wingless pitchers are a deffinite clue. Wait till it gets a little older and we will be able to give you a better guess

i'd place my bet on ventrata over ventricosa. i'm no nep expert so dont take my word for it though.

im saying ventricosa. not enough alata in there for a ventrata. The lid is the shape of my young basals on my ventricosa, and the leaves match almost perfectly.

I'd say ventricosa also. Time will tell :)

Back