What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you gro you inermis x bongso (or fusca)

G'day everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here grows N. inermis x bongso or N. fusca?

I had been contemplating both for awhile now, thought I would do some research and see what kind of conditions people have found they grow well in, how easy/difficult they are etc...

I had heard that the inermis x bongso is not difficult, but don't remember where I picked that info up.

hope your all well, cheers!

John

:edit: apologies for the typos in the subject heading, just noticed now (thats what I get for typing without my glasses)

Last edited:
Hello John;

I grow my inermis x bongso as well as my fusca 'Sarawak' as windowsill plants.....they are both easy growers for me.....I grow them in coco and perlite.....they receive some direct sunlight but mostly bright indirect light but I also supplement them with florescent bulbs. My temps vary but are perfect highland conditions for 2/3 of the year....my fusca is in bloom now so it must be happy!

Hope this helped.

Happy growing;
Victoria

My fusca grows in highland/intermediate conditions. Its growth rate is relative to a highlander as a ramispina. Its not very fast right now...but its a forgiving and easy plant and definitely very nice looking. :)

here is mine:

2805113226_7b04b5173b_o.jpg

I grow N. inermis x bongso as a lowlander, but I suspect it would do even better as a highlander. I have a young plant with small, but colorful pitchers. I really like the pitcher shape that this plant produces. It seems to be an easy grower for me so far. I have it in a terrarium under lights and it is growing in cypress bark.

Thanks guys, this has been helpful, certainly sounds like they will be the next two on my list then...

vraev, your fusca is beautiful! Seeing your plant has convinced me that it is one of the next plants to start looking for.

lol! glad to hear that man! BTW...remember...this is a fusca 'sarawak' form from borneo. :)

Ha ha, vraev you beat me, I was just logging on to ask if that was the case!

I've found fusca takes a looong time to adapt to different conditions and start pitchering, but once it does it's an easy and fun pant to grow, a lot like N. maxima. I grow the "flared peristome" variety. I've heard sarawak is a bit faster and more tolerant of warm conditions. I've never grown inermis but I do grow bongso and find it to be a very easy, fast-growing, and fast-to-adapt plant.

Back