What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Alarm Clock

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
As some of you may know, I have trouble waking up in the morning. So here's my solution:
IM001567.jpg

This is just a few feet from my bed, and comes on at a glorious 4:30 AM every morning. Far better than talk radio (and marginally better than mariachi music.)
IM001559.jpg

IM001558.jpg

IM001562.jpg

IM001570.jpg

~Joe

Wow that's a lot of plants. :p

How do you manage to water them all?

-Ben

Yeah, what do you do when you go on vacation?

Very nice set up I have a cat desk decor type thingy that moves it's arm up and down and it's head sideways when the shun shines on it which it makes a clcking noise that's my alarm on my days off though a nice growing set up would be nice to wake me up.. =D

Where did you get those aquatic plants pots I can't seem to find any at my local garden center or aquarium/pond stores..

Are those pool filters?

jim......they are "water lily pots"

Love the flared peristome fusca :)

Dang, those are a lot of neps. And nice looking ones at that :) I just have to ask, but is that a frog trashcan? :3

Thanks for the comments, guys!
I water them by flooding the large UV-resistant plastic tray underneath. My large tray holds 12 of those big square pots, the smaller one fits 8. I got them from a dog kennel supplier.
When I go on vacation, they go wanting! I can ignore these guys for over a week and they do fine. The nice thing about net pots for Neps is that you can leave them in an inch or two of water for a while without the plants noticing. I actually kept the largest two there, my sanguinea and alata x ventrata, in standing water for almost all of last winter - I think the trays went dry two or three times over four or five months.
They're aquatic plant pots, and I got them at Lowes'/Ace. Sometimes they have them, sometimes they don't, I just buy a half a dozen whenever I see some and can afford them.
And finally, no, it's a frog humidifier, and his name is Gero-gero-kun. (From Target, before you ask.)
~Joe

Back