Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas on what I can grow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas on what I can grow?

Hi, I was wondering what Neps I can easily grow in my conditions. I believe my real conditions are low-high 80s at day, and at night, high 70s to maybe (Just maybe, but not likely!) 69-68. Humidity is high 40s to high 60s, 80+ at night. I know intermediates will do well, but I wonder if these conditions are better for lowlanders or highlanders (Most likely lowlanders though, but if you know any highlanders that might have a chance, let me know). I'm really sorry, but I'm very picky on neps. I would like them to have nice colors and/or interesting pitcher shape. Also, that they don't grow big (for awhile, a few years, maybe). Very sorry if I make hard on what I'm looking for in neps. I might get Sanguinea, but it'll be on my windowsill. Little off topic here, but I would like to know how to shave off a few degrees without doing anything drastic. Thanks
    Last edited by Capensis; 09-09-2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Changed a little.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty simalar to my conditions. When you say "And high 70s to maybe (Just maybe, but not likely!) 69-68", is that at night? I have a truncata, which is really slow growing but it's cool watching the big pitchers develop. It grows fine in my conditions. Also a ventricosa, which hasn't pitchered yet but I'm hoping it will soon. I put my sanguinea outside because it's good conditions out there, but it was doing great inside as well.
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.
    My growing growlist of growing things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look at hybrids.......though for pure species ventricosa is a good one and bongso might do OK....veitchii and truncata should do OK....veitchii x eymae is a weed for me..........'Ile de France'........'Miranda' is a old standby with great color.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, guys I mostly am wondering on pure species. I also want to know if N. tentaculata will grow in those conditions.

Edit: I'll keep those neps in mind. Btw, I already have a ventricosa and ventrata basal growing in there (plus other things)
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tentaula would not survive if those are your year round temperatures. Fusca and maxima are good choices. If you can grow the sanguinea you could grow a ramispina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Truncata View Post
    Tentaula would not survive if those are your year round temperatures. Fusca and maxima are good choices. If you can grow the sanguinea you could grow a ramispina.
    Well, It might be like in Spring and Summer, but in Fall and Winter, it'll most likely go down.
    Hopefully, I'll succesfully grow a Sanguinea on my windowsill (I have a ventrata pitchering for me, so we'll just see). Ramispina, I like because it can be gray on the outside and green in the insides :3

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. ventrata, alata, sanguinea, Judith Finn,....

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My N. ramispina is flourishing with temps close to that. It's a great plant. All the others Jim listed I agree with.
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast