What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The epic race.... Seedgrown Hamata vs Jacquelineae

lol want me to put my ventricosa in the race too? it'll be abit more interesting. since its my first nep

Lol, Ventricosa would win, hands down. This is just for these two right now :3

I'm unclear of what the criteria is for "winning" this "race." Biggest height? Largest width? Number of pitchers? Number of leaves? Overall size?

Seems to be comparing apples to oranges to me, but it will be nice to see routine updates of both plants growing.

xvart.

Overall size xvart, we just wanted to have some fun to see which one would get to maturity faster.

Here is my submission for this months portion of the race!
as you can see the newly opened pitcher is smaller than the ones before it, which happens in adjustment obviously, but the leaf that opened shortly after that pitcher developed, is considerably larger than the previous ones, with an even larger one on the way, There is a new pitcher inflating on the left side, which is kind of blended with the Sphagnum Moss
SGHamataupdate10-13-08002.jpg

SGHamataupdate10-13-08001.jpg

Here it is, 10/13. The leaf with the tendril is the one developing in the first photo. The developing leaf in this photo is entirely new growth, so I'm really hoping for a pitcher. I had to repot, because I realized I was using perlite with fertilizer in it. *facepalm*
It's growing a lot faster now. It seems like that first bit of growth took forever!
2940006076_3b98bc94ed_o.jpg

Just to be clear, the first photo wasn't taken the day it was posted, but I figured it was close enough. ^^;

Oh shnap. My money so far is on SKO. xP

That jacuelenai (yeah I know) seems to be churning out lots of leaves.

Man, SirKristoff, your hamata makes mine seem sad. How big is yours now?

quarter inch or so bigger than it was last month? lol

Very cute little Neps you never know the N.Jacquelineae might get a nice growth spurt now it's in a good mix either way I hope they grow good for the both of you it'll be fun to see which ones get bigger.

andrew is a bit tied up, he will get his posted tomorrow
here is mine...we both completely forgot
seedgrownHamataraceupdate11-13-0800.jpg

No experience with N. jacquelineae or small N. hamata....... But when N. hamata gets some size, watch out, it's a rocket shooting for the sky.

Wow, it's put on some size. Looking great, Kris.

Absolutely horrrrible photo. The angle makes the new leaves look worse than they are because of the angle. >_<
The leaves blackened up after the last repot.

3030230573_5aa5e5a72a_o.jpg

in a months time. here is my next update for this race
Andrew is having some troubles with rust on his jacq i believe, if he doesnt want to post updates, thats cool i understand fully.
Neps12-13-08006.jpg

That's coming along nicely. Good job.

Looking great. It seems to love your conditions.

We will be sure to keep you guys updated, feel free to post your opinions and who you think will be the largest in one years time, September 13th, 2009. There will be new pictures posted on the 13th of every month, and hopefully, in due time, we will have some large, happy plants on our hands, who knows....both are about the same age, so hopefully will flower around the same time, who knows.... N. Hamata x Jacquelineae, or vice-versa? :3

thats my 13th birthday. :)

nice hamata, great to know its coming along.

That hamata is growing pretty fast.

Back