What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The epic race.... Seedgrown Hamata vs Jacquelineae

Andrew's Jacq(ChunkyHunks) vs My Seedgrown Hamata. This should be an interesting race :3 who shall win?!
SeedgrownHamata.jpg

2776392746_7f0911f090_o.jpg

This really will be epic LOL!

yes, yes it will be...Good luck Andrew!

I don't have hamata experience, but I'm finding my little jacq to be a suprisingly quick grower. So - good luck Kristoff hehe. Actually looks like your plant is already slightly bigger though. Are those quarters the prize at stake? ;)

the quarters are a size reference. the reason it looks bigger is because of the pitchers

From experience, I would bet the jacq. ;)

From experience, I would bet the jacq. ;)

Yes, jacquelineaes are pretty fast, but Kris has pretty ideal conditions. It really depends on Andrew's conditions.

Well, Andrew has had his longer, plus we don't know his conditions, plus jacq are supposedly fast. Kris on the otherhand recently received it, but his seems larger and he has amazing conditions. This should be very interesting xD

where's the finish line?

The jac really hasn't grown much, it's only now starting to take off. My conditions, until just recently, have been a little less than ideal because it hasn't been cooling down much at night. We're getting nights in the 50s fairly consistently now, and day temps in the terrarium are 80-85. Conditions will only improve as we move on into the winter months. ;)

@ upper - ???

This is so epic already xD. But what should be the "finish line?"

I assume 1 year.

Anyways, yes, N. Jacquelineae is VERY fast if you get the conditions right. Mine bolted through the winter months and then just stopped. I've had it for 2 years.

lol this is a great topic. Anyways, the finish line could be the first one to flower? lol

We've decided the finish line is going to be at one year. :)

Wow. But what if one is naturally bigger than the other?

To clear up confusion about size, here is a top view of my Hamata
SeedgrownHamata001.jpg

This looks like it shall be good fun. I can't wait to see them a year from now (and in-between!). Good luck to both of you!

We will be sure to keep you guys updated, feel free to post your opinions and who you think will be the largest in one years time, September 13th, 2009. There will be new pictures posted on the 13th of every month, and hopefully, in due time, we will have some large, happy plants on our hands, who knows....both are about the same age, so hopefully will flower around the same time, who knows.... N. Hamata x Jacquelineae, or vice-versa? :3

Back