What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super nepenthes newb question... Sorry ahead of time...

I have a nepenthes (globamphora x ventricosa), an am looking at doing a cutting from the top as I was told it was getting very tall and could use a good chop. IS there a best time of year to do this? I grow it in a orchid greenhous where it will get great humidity and watered regularly. Also globamphora is now called bellii? Is it ok to change my tag to (bellii x ventricosa)? Thanks!

I've taken cuttings any time of the year. They are basically equatorial, so seasonality isn't really an issue. Nomenclature? IDK.

I would take at least a two-node cutting if you are new to nepenthes cuttings.

I try to take cuttings when I know the future growing conditions will not decline (e.g. taking highland plant cuttings now instead of late spring when the summer temperatures put stress on highland plants, in my case.)

Haha TD i know where you got that plant.... as I have one too with the same tag, I would change it to belli x ventricosa since globamphora isn't used. It is a really fast growing plant.... I am going to trim mine as soon as my clonex gets here....

Cool, thanks I was going to cut a pretty generous piece off, and grow it out. Steven, I got it form Dr. Mellichamp at UNCC is that where yours came from? Thanks for the tips!

Back