User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Greenhouse, project in progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting pictures of your plants they look so healthy and alot of nice pitchers too, also your greenhouse looks really nice I'm looking to build one in a couple of years that type of greenhouse is the kind that I'd like to put in my backyard did you order it online or had someone build it or something?
    .../l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノgrowlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! I wouldn't mind living in there :3
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pics!

I don't understand how you guys get these things to grow in San Diego!! Isn't it warm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Daniel! Great GH you have there, as well as great looking plants.
    Max

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the comments everyone . My greenhouse is at my parents' house (no room to build one at my house), so I will definitely get some more photos tomorrow when I go there. To answer a few questions, Mike Ludwig is doing great, but he recently moved into a condo and no longer has the room for a greenhouse. He may get back into growing a few plants, but I can tell he's definitely relieved of the responsibility of caring for SOO many plants (he had a ton, sadly some of them we had to toss because there were just too many - a greenhouse stuffed and his patio stuffed). I bought the greenhouse from Harbor Freight, it is their 10x12 foot version. I put it together by myself, which to say the least, was a HUGE headache. The directions are seriously lacking so I found the following website EXTREMELY helpful. I also did all the reinforcements suggested, as it makes the greenhouse MUCH more durable. It is definitely warm in San Diego, so I have a very large swamp cooler blasting cold air into the greenhouse during the day. I believe the swamp cooler is designed for 1250 Square feet and I calculated over 1000 cubic feet for the greenhouse so I accidentally bought a ridiculously huge swamp cooler not realizing it was Square, not cubic feet (only ~120 square feet). It turns out however, that this is just about the right size for this greenhouse in San Diego. I made a custom sprinkler system out of PVC and sprinkler heads that covers almost all of the plants. I still have to make some tweaks though to get the last few plants. I had an electrician install an outdoor socket inside the greenhouse yesterday so now I have a close-by socket as well (it's not the prettiest job, but it works). The greenhouse was 650$ for me to pick up at my local harbor freight warehouse, but it costs much more online plus shipping. I definitely spent triple that though on modifications and reinforcements. Anyway, I will try to get those pics up for sure tomorrow. Thank you so much for your interest everyone . It's definitely nice to see .
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information on the greenhouse.
    .../l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノgrowlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some more pics as promised. I will edit this post later to add some more info if anyone is interested. Unfortunately time is always an issue for me.

The Sib x Hamata picture I promised: apparently there is some discussion as to whether or not it is really the cross labeled. Mine is still fairly small.

Inside the Greenhouse with the sprinklers on:

Backside of the Greenhouse and swamp cooler:

RO system and water reservoir:

1 Side of the G-house:

2nd side:

Steve Duggins' Thorelii x TM cutting:

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful...just beautiful....i cant wait for the day i have a GH like that **Dream sequence**

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast