What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. truncata 'Pasian'

Cindy

Staff member
This is a highland form.

Top view. The leaves got smaller and smaller during the previous months with hot weather.
truncata_pasian.jpg

Then it suddenly put out a large pitcher with a slightly deformed peristome. This photo was taken on 15th this month.
truncata_pasian1.jpg

The pitcher is colouring up nicely even in bright shade. Photos taken today.
truncata_pasian3.jpg

truncata_pasian4.jpg

What are the characteristics of the "Pasian" variety of N. truncata? I've seen them everywhere, but none have been full grown. I'm just curious because this seems to be a "best seller" right now.

xvart.

What does "pasian" mean?

Pasian is the location that the plant is found. Great pics Cindy, N. truncata is the best nep so far IMO. Thanks for sharin.

What a relief. My truncata was shrinking and I thought something worse was happening. Yours is very colorful. Mine stays pure green in full sun.

"We don't have highland N. truncata from anywhere other than Mt. Pasian. If others are selling highland N. truncata, it most likely comes from Mt. Apo I would think. Mt. Pasian is a very difficult plance to get to. Lots of drunken guards with AK47s last time I went." - Rob Cantley

The range is very wide (total of 43 clones). From red peristome with a green body, to fire engine red for the entire pitcher. It seems that some clones are even dark red. :0o:

This is a red clone grown by a local guy, Firefly.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q312/FireFly71/IMG_1257.jpg

A pic of the adult pitcher taken during the BE display in Singapore.

P7312910.jpg

What are the characteristics of the "Pasian" variety of N. truncata? I've seen them everywhere, but none have been full grown. I'm just curious because this seems to be a "best seller" right now.

xvart.

I have had a variety of them -- red, green, mottled, dark, light -- over the years -- mostly eventually sold or given away when they became too large to manage. I currently have a good-sized N. truncata (Pasian) on my windowsill in Northern California and will keep it until it becomes obscenely large . . .

Ntruncata.jpg

Wow. Can't wait for mine to grow in like that! Right now, it's just a twerp at a meager 12" diameter with the last pitcher at 7 or 8 inches.

Mr. Truncata, you should go to the NECPS show this weekend. You will no doubt see some really large truncatas there. There were at least two every year so far.

Hey schloaty, do you know where the NECPS is at?

Here's my little plant. It has a long way to go.

P1020811.jpg

Last edited:
your plant has a very nice color to it. It looks great.

Thanks! I hope it keeps some of the color as it matures.

Crystal

Does the vendor at the NECPS show usually have N. Truncata's for sale? I was hoping to get one and a Sanguinea.

Thanks for the clarification of the Mt. Pasion locale. I was unaware of that, and was under the impression that it was a "variety" from Mt. Pasion, not a "variety" from Mt. Pasion, if that makes any sense, lol.

xvart.

Looking great :) Hope it gets huge for you ;)

Back