What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So i decided to take some more pics of my neps since they seem to love my rack....First
my Muluensis x Lowii opened a new pitcher, and after about 3 days, is absolutely stunning
growrackplants9-24-08001.jpg

Aristolochioides, seems to have adjusted quite nicely to my conditions. Hopefully will start inflating that pitcher...it seems like it is. but im not jumpin to conclusions on it
growrackplants9-24-08008.jpg

Sibuyanensis, god, this pitcher just keeps growing....i wonder how big it will get?
growrackplants9-24-08002.jpg

New lowii pitcher, crackin its lid, a bit smaller than the previous one from moving to the growrack, but oh well, its still beautiful
growrackplants9-24-08009.jpg

Bongso, the growth tip is a bit black from my mom dropping it when showing my plants off to her friends while i was at class...o_o im a bit irritated, but i trust it wont do any major harm
growrackplants9-24-08010.jpg

Tentaculata, all of its pitchers it came with died off except the one, which is now headed down that road...but thats ok, it should have two more on the way very soon
growrackplants9-24-08005.jpg

Baby seedgrown Hamata, surprisingly seems to be rather fast! im excited to see how it does in the race against the Jacq. Im happy to say that my TC hamata from Pyro is finally rebounding.
growrackplants9-24-08004.jpg

Splendiana x [(Veitchii x Maxima) x Veitchii] seedlings, only a couple months old. Cant see all of em, but i have atleast 30 babies
growrackplants9-24-08003.jpg

And the nep rack itself. i have a large Miranda and some Ventrata hanging in baskets downstairs, my sanguinea is headed down there soon as well....you cant see it i dont think, but below the rack is an N. Talangensis, it seems to like the place, especially since its starting to vine anyway
growrackplants9-24-08011.jpg

Very nice Nepenthes there it's good that they're doing well and sorry about the N.bongso, but as long as it's growing area is good I'm sure it'll bounce back also very nice N.Hamata I plan to get me a seed grown N.Hamata one day when I get my growshelf set up.

Tentaculata, all of its pitchers it came with died off except the one, which is now headed down that road...but thats ok, it should have two more on the way very soon
Few of my new Nepenthes does that when I first get them, but after a few weeks they started making nice pitchers. =)

Thanks for posting pictures again very nice Nepenthes there your collection is looking pretty nice.

thanks blue, though you double posted kinda XDDD all is good though

WOW Kris those are beautiful neps ya have there, there looking real good and those babies are way way to cute.. I told ya they would grow..:-D
My fav is still your Bongso, one of these days i will have one, been wanting one for the longest time.. JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Quite the tendril on that sib. She's really reaching!

Still hope my bongso gets with the program someday. By far, it is my slowest growing nep. I thought that honor would go to my mul x lowii, but bongso takes the cake. I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's actually an ovata. Yours looks great - thanks for update. Your plants seem very happy in your setup.

Great looking neps. How are you cooling the mini greenhouse? I use one for my lowlanders with the same setup and it gets 85-95F while the lights are on. I would love to use another for my highlanders, but don't know how to easily cool it.

Natural cooling for the most part, I have a box fan in my window, and the temps here are getting down into the 40s and 50s at night, so i just pull the cold air in from outside, A/C isnt needed ;) and during summer, i can grow them outdoors...

got a pic of miranda? muluensisx lowii is amazing- never seen that one before so thanks!

the miranda hasnt pitchered yet...its adjusting lol. once it does, i will post pics

Amazing as always. :) I see your palm tree aristo is doing fine ;) And the rajahs? :O Idk why, I'm just so curious on them xD

Would you mind putting up some pics of your Spectabilis? Its one of my favorite plants in my collection, and I like seeing what other people's look like.

As always, great plants and pictures. It's cool that your parents actually show your plants off. Mine just complain that I have them and think that I'm weird/crazy for paying money for things that look so 'disgusting' as my mom put it.

they got mites outside and are a bit pissed right now...but i think they will make a come back

How could your mom think they look disgusting!?

haha - too funny:boogie:

I will put pics of my Spectabilis up once it starts to pitcher....i just got it a month ago and they were shipped rather horribly, so as soon as its rebounded, ill post pics of it

Back