What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spectabilis x aristolochioides

It'll be interesting to see what the pitchers will look like when they dangle and don't have that luxuriant sphagnum moss bed to rest on (*jealous!*). I've been considering potting my neps in larger pots so they have:

a. greater humidity from having moist medium around them
b. a place where the pitchers can 'rest' atop of. Some like talangensis and sibuyaensis like to dig their tendrils into the media.

here is mine sorry took the pic's with my phone being my camera is busted

IMG00155.jpg

IMG00156.jpg

Daren

DSC03441.jpg

DSC03440.jpg

DSC03439.jpg

DSC03444.jpg

Its pitchers are really close to 2 inches, including the lid.

Mine is going back into the more tubby pitcher stage, its weird lol. im pretty sure it all depends on if the pitchers are resting on something
CPs10-22-09002.jpg

CPs10-22-09003.jpg

This one just opened a couple days ago...
DSC05130.jpg

DSC05138.jpg

DSC05145.jpg

I like this hybrid! I used to have a female plant of aristo x thorelii and it had some of my fave Nep pitchers, this hybrid is pretty similar to that. This doesn't seem to have quite the same "hood" at the top but it's pretty close. Does this one stay rather diminutive as the aristo x thor did? Pitchers about 6" max. plant maybe 8-10" diameter even as a flowering vine.

That's a beauty.

So far my pitchers are staying small, less than 3 inches. But the whole plant is small, reminding me of glabrata (so far). I'm curious to see how big the pitchers will be on a mature plant.

Here's some pics of mine I took messing around with my dslr. It's an extremely vigorous and hardy plant. Great for the windowsill.
JS215530.JPG

JS215533.JPG

JS215529.JPG

JS215539.JPG

here is my most recent pitcher...
DSC03342.jpg

I'll post when the latest pitcher that was thrown out opens.

here is an update of my spect aristo
new pitcher opening
DSC05377.jpg

pitcher prior to this one
DSC05378.jpg

Still one of my favorite neps. Stays small, like galbrata. Great for a terrarium. Just opened today:

2010Jul10008.jpg

2010Jul10009.jpg

good God this hybrid is so beautiful, it's on top of my wish list :D

Gorgeous pitchers, nightsky. I adore the peristome/pitcher contrast where the peristome is so bright and the pitcher is sort of muddled. Good growing.

xvart.

Back