What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spectabilis x aristolochioides

Here it is :) Can't wait till it settles in its new home.
SN852911.jpg

Nspectabilisxaristolochioides2-1115.jpg

Nspectabilisxaristolochioides1-1115.jpg

xvart.

Very nice :) It has very amazing colors.

Great looking plant :-0 is it as fast as a pure Aristolochiodes ?? gunna be real nice when mature.
Bye for now Julian

Hi Julian,

I can't make the comparison, but it has been growing rather quickly.

xvart.

Here's an update of mine. The pot is 4" across. I'm finding it grows quite fast, pitchers easily, and the pitchers so far seem to have a decent life span. So far, the pitchers were round and tubby, but the latest pitcher is showing a more slender profile. The pitcher colors look identical to xvart's.

specxaristo.jpg

WOW, it's amazing! It definitely put on size.

Quick update. Finally on the move. :) And yes, I had to repot it about a week ago, so I don't know if it was effected or not.

SN852944.jpg

That is nearly exactly what mine looked like when it arrived. Give it just a few months and you'll have a beauty.

And that is, indeed, a real beauty you have there, Nightsky!

Update: 1/24/09

Even though I haven't been treating my plants very well the last several weeks/months, I thought it was time for an update on this one:

Nspectabilisxaristolochioides5-1240.jpg

Nspectabilisxaristolochioides3-1240.jpg

xvart.

nice! the color, lip, and shape are beautiful!

Looking good. I love the purplish color inside the pitcher. Mine's proving to be one of my most vigorous plants. Seems like it might become a 'viney' plant though.

Finally, it has opened its first pitcher under my care. Hopefully, it'll be the first of many. My photography skills are kind of bad, so yeah. :\
SN853403.jpg

I love the back of the pitcher:
SN853404.jpg

Peristome:
SN853407.jpg

I'll update if it colors up. It probably won't, so maybe in the near future.

Its sixth pitcher. It got a little damaged as it was developing. It get a bit darker, but it didn't get to color up as well because one of the bulb burnt out when I was gone. :x
DSC03237.jpg

Here's my baby, it stopped growth for a while because of the warmer temps, however its picked up growth again.

Latest Pitcher

DSC01903.jpg

Hi guy,
I love this species a lot ! They show a lot of colour and beautiful. Can it grow in lowland condition ? I only grow nepenthes in my garden !

I don't think it would do too well as a lowlander. They are highalnder, especially the aristolochioides parent thats quite picky.

I guess you could try, but i would say not really. Also its not a species it a cross between 2 species spectabilis and aristolochioides.

Back