What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A visit to Phil Faulisi's: Do a double take!

Man -- it's been a while since I've been on here! How is everyone?!

I recently came back from a visit from the legendary Phil Faulisi's place -- and I am pleased to report that I have actually made it PAST the Sarracenias and into the greenhouse!! YES!!!!! Many of you have been wondering what is in that greenhouse of his... and soon you will see... :-))

First off, I just wanted to give a big thank you again to Phil!!!! Thank you for your kindness, generosity, hospitably, and just being an inspiration to us all! I am truly honored to know you, THANK YOU for everything. I wanna grow plants like you when I grow up!!!

IMPORTANT: Again everyone, please, out of respect for Phil, DO NOT PM him for requests for plants as it WILL be ignored. You'll end up blacklisted and then perhaps even be fed to his plants. Well, perhaps not the plants, maybe another one of his wicked pets kept in a cage in his garage... I took photos of the wicked pets and will post later... anyway, you get the point.

Now for some NEP FUN!!! I WILL be posting more photos tomorrow of my recent epic carnivore excursion. Attached is a photo and I just wanted to see if any of you could spot anything out of the ordinary here. (TRAVIS: No giving it away!!!!)

You may need to do a double take, or look twice as hard to find the answer... I'll post the answer to this tomorrow evening.

Ready, set... GO!

2898079768_1f86051ddc.jpg

ANY guesses?:-))

We need a hint!!!

Capslock

He gave you a hint, albeit and obscure one :)

double take, or look twice as hard

I know, I caught that. But it didn't help. I need my morning coffee... LOL!

Capslock

I can't seem to see anything out of the ordinary, but i would say that every plants from Phil is extraordinary.

J

there is a mini greenhouse frame in a greenhouse, other then that I see nothing out of the ordinary

Trust me, it is way out of the ordinary. And don't feel bad if you are not able to spot it I did not either. And even when I knew what to look for it took me a while to find it.

I don't see anything fishy! And I looked at it for like 10 minutes. Haha. I Look forward to someone finding it, or when the answer is posted.

.. it it is is pretty pretty well well hidden hidden. :-O :-O

Is it a plant that's out of the ordinary or an object? I must have missed the hint :(. Apparently it's one of those things that you have to kind of know what you're looking for to find it lol.

Crystal

Is this a duck or some kind of bird?

untitled.jpg

Let’s see – It may just be a plant, I think maybe – or maybe not! IT is that spectacular! All I can is that “IT” is something that is SO out of the ordinary that I positively am so definitely quasi-uncertain and unsure that it most assuredly is perhaps quite absolutely maybe a quasi-semi photosynthesizing organism, but I am NOT saying that I would want to misconstrue this and I am also saying that I am not saying that I may or may not know what “it” is NOT. That is just positively highly absolutely doubtfully certainly unsure… surely I am not sure. I think. Yes.

OH yes, did I mention that what you’re looking for is somewhere in the photo?

Hope that hint-hint helps-helps.

You're just screwing with me and there's nothing wrong with the picture.

It is a double pitcher that split on a single tendril? It seem like it to me by the way you angle the camera. It is just a wild guess.

That's what I was thinking Jeff. I'm going to guess that this is a double pitcher right here:

double.jpg

Capslock

YES!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

JEFF AND MAX! GOOD EYE!

IS THIS NOT WILD OR WHAT?!!!!!!

single pitcher:

2897236797_250d782c26.jpg

Seeing Double!

2897237539_2dbee9e026.jpg

2898082876_381e3e31fd.jpg

haha that's awesome!

you expected us to spot that for certain in that picture?? i had that SOB opened up in Photoshop and was looking for something odd and didnt find it.......next time give us a bigger picture :D

Back