Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nep help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question nep help

about how long will it take this two neps to get to flower stage? if you can not tell about how long will it take? the plant store tould me it could take 2 years is that right

thank you for the help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's gonna be quite a long time, 2 years is severely optimistic. Plenty of time to stock your collection with more neps if you want to try your hand at hybrids.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by romie12321 View Post
    about how long will it take this two neps to get to flower stage? if you can not tell about how long will it take? the plant store tould me it could take 2 years is that right
    Depending upon the species, some Nepenthes (especially some highlanders -- N. hamata, macrophylla, rajah, villosa, etc) could take upwards of seven to ten years to reach reproductive maturity. Without knowing the species or how old the plants in question are, I would have to agree with DrWurm that two years to flowering is highly optimistic, if not a fantasy on the dealer's part . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have neps that are over 3 years old and have never flowered. I have yet to see a nep flower from my collection. I wouldn't worry about flowers, they are very plain and you need a male and female nep to get seed.
    peace,
    Zero
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! Another Ohio-an!
    Yeah, I was lucky when my N.Velvet cutting flowered. I would agree that 2 years for a plant that small is very optimistic. Why do you want a flower?
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say without knowing the species. It is possible but very optumistic for flowering in 2 years, possible for some vigorous growers ie ventrata, raff, ventricosa etc... But why do you want a flower, they are not very attractive and unless you have a male and female flower ( 2 separate plants ) you cannot produce seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look like ventratas, I'd say 3 or so years. But the flowers are boring, as said before.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o thank you all for the help i just wanted to see the flowers for the store tould me that was a really nice thing to see but i guess that they was wrong thank again for all the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast