What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Almost completed order :)

Got some new neps :D 3/4 were received (the spectabilis x aristo looked a little bad, said the owner, so he will ship me one once he gets more of them). The plants I got were originally supposed to be 3-6", but are way bigger xD.
Sanguinea. Little disappointed with this one, seeing that the growth tip broke off, exposing the premature leaf. 10"
SN852575.jpg

N. ramispina from...somewhere xD
SN852576.jpg

SN852580.jpg

My new pride and joy, N. bongo purple:
SN852581.jpg

SN852586.jpg

SN852594.jpg

If anyone figures out the order I have these, I'll give you a cookie :3 (Hint: the cut off end are two frozen waterbottles. The thing in the red cup are capensis cuttings ;)):
SN852584.jpg

Love the bongso. That's what mine should look like, if it would ever get some life to it. I'm tempted to toss it and just order a new one. It grows so darn slow - one leaf every 2 months or so if that.

But yours is great. Enjoy your plants!

your sanguinea looks like it's been begging for light.

yeah they all look a little dry o_o and a bit on the etiolated side. but either way, once they bounce back, they will be really nice plants, especially bongso

I see your N.sanguinea got a broken growth tip mine got a broken tip and it grew just fine I noticed growth I think two to three weeks later and now it's big made one 5inch pitcher and another forming so I'm sure yours will pull through like mine.
Here's the link to it my N.sanguinea before and after pictures are the first set I hope that helps you.. =)
My collection

It does look a bit dry or something that's how some of my N.velvet leaves looked like after my brother's wedding it's too bad the persona I had take care of it didn't water it as much as it was needed though after a few weeks under my care again it's leaves looked normal and healthy I hope it pulls through for you.

Very nice pitchers on that N.bongso and nice N. ramispina can't wait to see it pitcher congratulations.. :boogie:

The sanguinea looks like it's being affected by changes in humidity. It will cause the leaves to wrinkle and look 'dry' like that. I'd recommend putting a clear bag over it and slowly opening a hole in the top over a period of weeks. I didn't do that with the green amp that I have and it started out exactly like your sanguinea looks; it's now the ugliest Nep I own lol.

Just my 2 cents,
Crystal

Hmm, I guess I'll try it.

I guess no one gets a cookie xP

i acclimated my seedgrown hamata and my tentaculata to my growrack over a period of a week....but since your going for your windowsill, you should go for a couple of weeks like crissy said

Worth a try Cap. Just don't let the sun shine directly on it; don't want a baked Nep ;). You could always let it go too and work things out on its own, it might recover better than mine did.

Crystal

The bongso is really nice, I look forward to updates on that one. It's a really good size too, congrats.

It won't fit in a bag LOL. So, I should just mist it every now and then after a awhile, mist less frequently?

In my experience misting doesn't do anything at all. Can you get a bigger bag?

Unfortunately, no. The only bags that can cover it are Wal-Mart bags and such, but they aren't clear and block out the light.

Back