What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there pictures of an upper pitcher of muluensis x lowii?

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
I was watering mine tonight, and it occurred to me I have never seen what an upper on this hybrid looks like. Given that many of the uppers on lowii hybrids are fantastic, I'm hoping this one is also. It will be many years til mine even thinks of making uppers itself, but I'm curious what I should look forward to.

i have a feeling the uppers will lean a little more to the Muluensis side...This hybrid is still relatively new to cultivation, so i believe there would be few, if any plants producing uppers in cultivation. Robert Cantley probably does though xDDD i cant wait for mine to vine...but its a slow plant. Muluensis and Lowii are both notorious for being rather slow growers.

Ever wonder what a Mulensis x Lowii upper looks like?
Dave s.'s from NECPS
http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114926&page=13
mlnsxlw.jpg

Mine bit the dust back when I busted my leg. I'm missing out! That's a great pic Crissy - for a while there really weren't any pics of this cross' uppers.
~Joe

Crysstal saves the day. Thanks for posting this!

well go ahead and slap me in the face o_O thats freaking beautiful....

No problem. I came across it a few days ago.

Very nice uppers I really like this hybrid most hybrids with Lowii I like though..

Thanks CRissyTal!
It is really a pleasure to see this....it is the first time I see a muluensis x lowii upper!
Anyway is this from your point of view a really true upper or just and intermediate pitcher going to develope into upper soon?
It is so....similar to a lower pitcher....
Muluensis upper should be white on top,isn't? Lowii also nearly green like colour!
And also...no triangular shape?
What do you think about?

Bye!

Mr_Aga
ITALY

Back