What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sanguinea Update (shameless FlyTrapShop plug)

DrWurm

Californian in DC
So I've been growing this sanguinea that I got from Andy outside for a while, and this latest pitcher is coloring up fantastically. A nice red-orange up near the peristome. It was under shade cloth, but as you can see, it has grown out of that protection.

And here is a S. leucophylla 'titan' rhizome I got from andy a week or two ago. No pitchers to show yet, but they're obviously going to be massive.

That sanguinea turned out great.

How many years have you had it?

I got this one.... maybe 8-10 months ago from andrew. Since then it has been the most impressive nep in my collection.

Awesome nep! Some great color. Very nice Sarr, too. :)

Very nice N.Sanguinea I like the pitcher color and nice looking sarracenia leucophylla 'titan' it looks nice so far can't wait to see how it grows out my S. purpurea ssp. venosa from Andy is doing good my favorite one so far.

nice sang. have you seen the weird colored nector it produces?

nice sang. have you seen the weird colored nector it produces?

i don't know about weird... it comes out thick, clear, and sugary (yes I tasted it) and over time kinda turns to molasses. I had a bunch on the pitcher that developed previous to this one, but a few days ago ants discovered it, and overnight the entire pitcher was completely cleaned of any stickiness.

I gotta buy some plants from Andy, seriously. It's between that and The Dethalbum for the next thing I buy... hrm.

I really love the colouration on the inside of the pitcher, very nice indeed

Great looking nep bud, looks like it likes what you're doing for sure! Thanks for showing off the Sarr... Majority of the people seem to think I'm selling these little 1x1 plugs of TC plants... Not true! What you see in this picture is more common than not. Some plants are smaller (as they are divisions) but still not as small as what is normally offered at most other places. Truth be told- I'm pushing it having most in 3.5" pots. Some don't fit at all and require my 4.5" pots and are still pushing it!

Andrew

Back