Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seed grown or TC hamata?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seed grown or TC hamata?

I'm debating what one to get. The seed growen is way more so is it worth it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never grown a seed grown or TC hamata yet I plan to get a seedgrown one soon, but it's up to you with seed grown N.hamata there's a chance it might be a female while TC ones are all male I think and from what SirKrustiff says it seems his seedgrown N.hamata is a good grower.

Both would be good plants and some say seed grown plants are more stronger then TC plants which I can't really say if that's true only seed grown nep I got is a N.sibuyanensis X n.Hamata? hopefully I can get a few more seed grown plants in the future..
    .../l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノgrowlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its up to you weither its worth the extra $, no one else can make that decision........personally if i just wanted a hamata i wouldnt care which it was.....seed grown plants are fun to see if something interesting pops up in slight variations on color or pitcher shape or size and that kinda stuff.....or you could wind up with a male that looks identical to any of the ones out of TC........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive got both, personally the seedgrown seems to be a more vigorous grower, and even better is you have the chance of getting a female since all known clones are male.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMurphy97 View Post
    I'm debating what one to get. The seed growen is way more so is it worth it?

I've grown both over the years and -- personally -- haven't witnessed any difference between the two. I germinated a bunch of Nepenthes hamata seeds in 2006 and obtained a couple of small TC plants later that same year. Both forms were just as vigorous under my growing conditions, though a seed-grown plant does have that all-elusive chance (40% or so from what I've read) of being that rare female . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    though a seed-grown plant does have a chance (40% or so from what I've read) of being that rare female . . .
    If you can get it to survive that long!
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say that seedgrown hamata is more vigorous because it hasn't died on me yet. I had summer temperatures of 100+ and it kept producing leaves even if they did look pretty bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyJones View Post
    If you can get it to survive that long!
    what makes you say that? only unusual requirement ive found for this species is that when small its rather intolerant of low humidity other than that it seems rather indifferent to normal household temps.......its a rather easy plant to grow from what ive found.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast