What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

odd ventricosa pitcher...

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Hi, my ventricosa has recently made 2 odd pitchers. The first one it made, the lower section was slightly smaller then its mouth and the second was the same except the size difference was more noticeable and yellow. I am looking for my camera but would the change from the outside air effect a pitcher a month later? ??? I haven't seen any other thing different about its growth pattern though and its new basal doesn't have the same problem, so why would it only effect 1 stem? I will get a pic as soon as I find my camera, ugh, i bet my mom packed it to take to my soon to be sister in-law's baby shower. (wow that felt weird for a 15 year old to type...)

oops, forgot about this thread until I looked at my ventricosa again. Here are some pics.
salamanders007.jpg

salamanders008.jpg

salamanders009.jpg

salamanders010.jpg

salamanders011.jpg

salamanders012.jpg

salamanders013.jpg

salamanders014.jpg

salamanders015.jpg

I don't really see anything wrong with it. o.o Plus, try using macro or place the camera on something stable to get a still picture.

You don't see that it is YELLOW instead of red? Here is a pic of a normal pitcher on my plant.
somepics232.jpg

Also, Don't insult my photography! :slap:

I can if I want to xD.

Yes, I see that it's lighter, but I bet it's not uncommon. :p
Odder than that is that a ventrata pitcher has a ripped peristome because its mouth was too big for it LOL

Back