What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
All are grown in lowland conditions. A terrarium sitting on an AC vent is being used for some of the more 'difficult' highlanders, though for the past two weeks temperatures have been consistently in the 80s. Appropriate highland conditions have never been achieved even when the AC was running all the time.

N. ampullaria "Red Speckled"
P1020995.jpg

N. x Marbled Dragon
P1020997.jpg

N. truncata "Pasian Highland"
P1020998.jpg

N. ramispina
P1020999.jpg

N. spectabilis
P1020996.jpg

N. mirabilis Pink Thailand
P1020953.jpg

N. talangensis x veitchii
P1020971.jpg

N. hamata
P1020972.jpg

Seedlings
P1030084.jpg

P1030085.jpg

Quite the beautiful collection there!

Looks great! Good luck with the hamata :)

Very nice collection of Nepenthes the N.marbled dragon is nice and the little seedlings are cute I hope they grow up well for you and very nice N.hamata too.

Love the spectabilis! And how old are those seedlings(from initial germination)?

Also, just a note since we usually see individual specimens in pic, is it possible to get a wide-angle view of your whole setup? Definitely curious.

Looking very nice some real jewels to be.

Thanks everyone for the comments :).

The seeds were sown on 6/30 and took between 3-5 weeks to germinate. I still have some popping up three months later.

Here are some pictures of my setup.

The first is a picture of my Nepenthes on pebble trays on my grow rack.
P1020975.jpg

Pseudo-highland Terrarium:
P1020960.jpg

Lowland Terrarium:
P1020987.jpg

*major drool*

Dang, that's packed.
Can only imagine what it'll look like when those bicals grow up a bit. :jester:

wow! nice setup and nice lot of plants. looking really good crystal. I like your terraria. :D

Dang, that's packed.
Can only imagine what it'll look like when those bicals grow up a bit. :jester:

Ditto that thought mine isn't as leafy as some I've seen up on the forums but size still going up and it's now in it's final pot 20 gal monster pot, and transplanted quite well.

looks really good crystal! a jungle of death!

are you growing ampullaria as a highland?

No, all my highlands are growing as lowlands.

interesting

Back