What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New N. Macrophylla

came a bit shaken up, but i cant complain because i got it in a trade, but my growrack gets down into the mid to upper 40s at night now, so im sure i can rehabilitate it. hopefully it likes my potting mix 1:1:1 LFS/Peat/Perlite with a top dressing of about an inch of live LFS

NeprackandMacrophylla002.jpg

son of a gun!!! You are sooo lucky dude. WOW!!! What kind of exchange did this require? An arm or a leg? And thats a pretty decent sized plant dude. :) Good job! take care of it dude. :)

Got it for a couple of nep seedlings ;)

Lucky dog!! :D Have fun dude!!

Dang xD. Can't wait to see it grow up :3...can I be the uncle? LOL

Nice! Pretty good sized plant there, I'm sure it'll rebound well in your conditions.

yeah, i cant wait for it to pitcher for me, i hope to get my hands on a villosa soon because im sure i can grow it now after the cold as hell temps from last night. (46ºF)

yeah, i cant wait for it to pitcher for me, i hope to get my hands on a villosa soon because im sure i can grow it now after the cold as hell temps from last night. (46ºF)

I find that Nepenthes villosa and macrophylla grow at about the same fairly slow rate but well worth that wait. Those nighttime Tbs should be perfect for the new plant. We are having similarly low nights here in Northern California. What was the size and source of the N. macrophylla -- TC, seed, or cutting?

Good luck . . .

i think its TC, i got it in a trade, ill ask the guy i got it from. Macrophylla apparently is quicker than lowii, which is also have, and it grows well. sooo hopefully it will grow very nice for me

I can't believe you paid more than $250 for that.

He didn't, he traded some nep seeds (read the first page xD)

Oh, okay. I thought he bought it from a site that was selling them for $250.

Shows just how high in demand they are.

Nice macrophylla there It'll bounce back for sure just give it the right conditions it'll be good as new.

lol i found out its source, its a seedgrown plant from BE

looks like it will heal. if any1 wants one i have one for trade. take a look at my trade list and want list.

post in the trading section...but yeah i am almost sure it will heal because of my conditions...

A seedgrown....You lucky dawg, you....:-D Lol!

Should be stunning when it recovers, grows, and makes its first pitcher for you!

Yup, cant wait Jimmy!!! ill be sure to update it as the first pitcher developes.

Awesome! I'll be eagerly awaiting your update. :)

Back