What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby Ed.

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
(N. edwardsiana)
Took me almost two years to get it to this point.
It's starting to move along a little quicker now with each new leaf.
JMatt

dsc026585899861lp6.jpg

dsc026605919730bo2.jpg

dsc026615960068qz9.jpg

>_< i want an edwardsiana so badly but i cant seem to find em anywhere
very cute though!

WOW, even 2 yrs is ok to wait for something like a edwardsiana. Isn't it only tolerant to ultra HL temps?
great nep and (what was already said) very hard to find.
peace,
zero

Those are adorable!

Cute baby N. edwardsiana it looks very healthy and happy and I bet it'll get some growth spurts as it gets more bigger.. =)

What's your Nep mix for this beast JMatt?

I use a bunch of different mixes, I'm going to have to check.
Being a seedling it might be just long fiber sphagnum moss and chunky perlite. It's been some time and I can't really remember what I used?
I'll check tomorrow. Some of my other neps I have cyprus bark mulch, coconut husks chips, peat, long fiber sphagnum, perlite and lava rock.
When I first got the seedling it was smaller than a quarter. I'm pretty sure I didn't want the mix to drain too freely so my guess is sphagnum moss and perlite. I don't think I will repot it right away. It's happy and I don't want to mess with it. I don't think I could get another one.
JMatt

Very cool!

I would soooo give an arm to get this plant. lol! :p Soooo cute Jmatt! :) very very very cute!! thanks for showing us. :)

Bravo!

Nice to see one in good hands and so happy!

Hope to see many more updates of this wonder of the nep world.

Rob

Thank you everyone for the nice comments!
I'll do my best to keep it happy. If all goes well, in time the photos should only get better.
JMatt

If all goes well, in time the photos should only get better.

No kidding! You (and we bicariously through your pictures) have a lot to look forward to. Thanks for sharing. The teeth are great on such small pitchers.

xvart.

You must have friends in very high places to get a plant like that.

I do know some people who really know there stuff!
I consider myself very lucky to have it!
There are others on here who have this plant, much farther along than mine. I hope we see pictures of them sometime.
JMatt

This isn't the best picture of the pitchers, but this shot shows the new leaf on mine. This is very, very encouraging! :D

twoseedlings.jpg

Capslock

Nice N. edwardsiana Capslock nice and healthy looking.

WOW! How'd you get a hold of one of those?!?! Good luck with it.

What did you guys do to get yours moving(besides optimum highland conditions)?

The Griffin,
I just gave mine the best conditions I could and I really didn't mess with it much. After almost two years I think mine has finally settled in. The pitchers are getting big enough now where I give them a little dilute fertilizer. I have feed the pitchers a few times this way. I think it is helping.

Excellent plant there capslock!
That next pitcher should look awesome!
I knew there were others out there. I would like to see how Jeremiah's is doing.

JMatt

Back