What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. glabrata!

My newest addition! :banana2:

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

Hey, SirKristoff, does that handwriting look familiar to you?;)

Last night was its first night on the windowsill in fluctuating 20% - 50% humidity from mountain breezes, and it's doing awesome!:bigthumpup:

Jimmy

sure does!!! Im getting one from Ron, as well as a 7 1/2" N. Truncata 'Pasian Highland' here on tuesday...it only takes a day to get here after its shipped, i love living so close to people xD

Wow, that's a very nice plant.

Nice Glabrata, it really is a nice plant to add to a highland collection =) Mine is dong really well and growing like crazy

@Mr. Truncata: It sure is! It is very well-hardened - especially for a glabrata!

@SK: I'm sure I'll probably be placing an order for more plants from him as well....I know I said I wouldn't grow a rajah unless it was from seed - but dang! that palm-tree rajah on the website is tempting me to get one....or a tentaculata, or mikei, or - IDK!!!
Good luck with those Neps when they arrive, tho I'm sure you dont really need luck, lol!

@elsantaclause: Glad to hear its a good grower for you! I can't wait for mine to start taking off!

20-50% humidity? Wow - I keep mine in 60-85% humidity and still can't get it to pitcher!

Well Nightsky, it's still a mystery about how it'll do long-term. I'm just happy that it didn't shrivel overnight! It seems to be hardened very well. Plus the LFS can't hurt local humidity around the plant. :) And perhaps more air circulation might actually help? We'll see how it goes!

Nice plant you got there! I hope it does well you for :)

Nice Nep! I'm actually planning on getting a few glabrata seeds in a week or two :) Hopefully in a few years they will be as big as yours :D

Wow, Steven! Glabrata seeds, huh? Let me know if you happen to have any seeds left over, or if you get some very good germination rates!:hail:

Very nice N.Glabrata I can't wait for an update once it's settled into your home. =)

20-50% humidity? Wow - I keep mine in 60-85% humidity and still can't get it to pitcher!

mine ranges from 50 - 80% humidity as I described in my earlier thread and its thriving with fully developed adult lower pitchers. I think this species requires night time drops more importantly than other highlanders.

Wow, great plant. On your windowsill too? Lucky...

You'd be suprized by what grows on a windowsill. I have a seedgrown hamata on my windowsill in 50% humidity.

Back at the house our windowsills were directly under the forced air heating system. In winter there is now way they could be blasted by a direct jet of hot dry air (or cold in summer) and thrive.

@ Bluebird: Thanks! I'll be sure to give updates later on. :)

@ Finch: I'm sorry to hear that. Windowsill growing is turning out to be the easiest and most rewarding way to grow Neps at this time of year.

@ Mr. Truncata: I'm totally surprised this grows on my windowsill, straight from the nursery. Now to try some harder Neps! Muahahahahaha!

Back