Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glabrata experiment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine has been growing quite well now that it has settled in. opened up a pitcher, inflating 2 more. working on another leaf. the whole 9 yards lol.
    here it is now
    newest pitcher to open

and the overall plant, inflating the one pitcher on the right, and then another one to the rear of the plant and burried itself in sphagnum moss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SK: Looking ver nice!

@Capensis: Thanks!

@Nightsky: Thanks as well! I got some very nice Live sphagnum in a trade a couple weeks ago, and so i plopped the growing tips into the glabrata's pot. Mine is subject to breezes at night as well; perhaps you could try improving air circulation around yours and see how it does? That's the only variable I might think of if your temps, humidity, and high light levels are correct.
    "I'm just a scientist without the proper documentation."

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113724

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yes it is growing nice with a new leaf and new pitcher in flating but the one in the ultra has what a new pitcher and two new ones inflating. So it looks that yours is growing, but the ultra is growing better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone feeding their Nep (as that would change the experiment)?
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't feed mine. They catch gnats I'm sure though.

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy,

What are your temperatures at night?
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, my night temps... They are actually determined by how much I open the window at night, how much of a breeze there is, and how cold the air actually is... usually it gets no lower than 45 degrees in the morning on th windowsill, if I can help it, but usually I wake up to fing the digital thermometer reading somewhere around the low-mid 50s. That's in the early morning; for the rest of the night, it has usuall been getting around the upper 50's, but recently it's been getting cooler. We've had our first few nightly lows be below freezing within the past week.

I'm kind of worried about how this Nep with fare in the summer, though. Hopefully I can have a decent cooling system set up for it by then.
    "I'm just a scientist without the proper documentation."

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113724

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I'm kind of worried about how this Nep with fare in the summer, though. Hopefully I can have a decent cooling system set up for it by then.
    I'm in the same boat. I've got to figure something out by spring and summer or I could continue adding the ice water bottles at night. My next project may be a small air conditioner linked to my grow chamber.

I just got a glabrata so can't really give an update but currently its getting high humidity and low 60s at night. My tentac is putting on some growth at those temps. North Carolina is probably not the best state to grow highland Neps but I'm gonna figure it out or invest in a cooled greenhouse. I love these plants. Look forward to seeing updates on the glabratas in this thread.
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast