User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N. macrophylla (Gunung Trusmadi, Sumatra)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I put the order in last night so it would suck if I had to wait til then. Guess I would have to cancel my order then. I guess I see it now how they give you two plants for 70 euros like they have that for 55 euros you get two hamatas. I'll just have to wait and see it's not too cold now to ship them so let's hope they go into November and I did not miss the last one. Do they ship every order seperate or wait until they get enough orders and do one big one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my understanding is they only come in a couple times a year....otherwise shipping would be outrageous if done any other way.....im sure if you wanted to go through the effort to get the right permits and certificates and pay the extra for shipping he would send yah them whenever.....bringing live plant material in isnt a cut and dried simple process....know of one person that almost got in trouble cause the shipment of plants was short one plant when compared to the packing list sent with......lots of headaches with bringing this stuff in.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should list that on their website then I think. So you know if it's June and they won't ship til October people should know. You pay now but don't get for months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they used to.....would assume its still there somewhere......besides a quick email to Wistuba would get the info straight from the source and eliminate all guessing.....takes as much time to do that as to make a post here......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people know that they won't come for a few months...it is like that for most mass distributer(BE, EP, Wistuba, etc.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMurphy97 View Post
    They should list that on their website then I think. So you know if it's June and they won't ship til October people should know. You pay now but don't get for months.
    It is (or at least used to be, been a while since I checked) on the site that they only do periodic shipments to the US. Plus, as Kristoff said, that is pretty much par for the course with all the overseas vendors and (I thought) common knowledge among Nepers. And they do not actually bill you for your plants until they are scheduled for export so if you order in June and the plants do not ship till Oct then you are not billed till Oct.

besides a quick email to Wistuba would get the info straight from the source and eliminate all guessing.....takes as much time to do that as to make a post here......
    Here here!! Seems it would be a lot simpler to just email him and get your questions answered that way than to spend days getting answers and making/getting into arguments here on the boards...
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMurphy97 View Post
    Well I put the order in last night so it would suck if I had to wait til then. Guess I would have to cancel my order then. I guess I see it now how they give you two plants for 70 euros like they have that for 55 euros you get two hamatas. I'll just have to wait and see it's not too cold now to ship them so let's hope they go into November and I did not miss the last one. Do they ship every order seperate or wait until they get enough orders and do one big one?
    Usually, Wistuba will only stop shipping when the winter sets in in Europe, for obvious reasons. I have never waited more than six weeks for a shipment from Germany. Typically, an order placed in one month is shipped out the following.

Part of the reason for the infrequent shipping schedule are the byzantine phytosanitary laws in many countries and the sheer costs involved in dealing with many small shipments, rather than bulk shipments . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Here here!! Seems it would be a lot simpler to just email him and get your questions answered that way than to spend days getting answers and making/getting into arguments here on the boards...
    I found the link to send an email and his guy in the us. Who is getting or making arguments about it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast