What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seedlings...Grow My Minions...with obligatory quarter shot

I wonder what is keeping that last pot from growing like the other 2?

Very nice job! Nothing cuter than a nepenthes seedling. :D

I think these pictures give a very nice visual representation of the anatomy of Nepenthes. It really makes the 'pitchers' look like what they really are which is the true leaf.

Anyway, Im jealous even though the parentage doesn't interest me. Way to go!

Here is the newest pics of the little dudes...

*Edit, errm below...hehehe ooops

Here is the most recent update of the seedlings. I've moved many of the larger ones into their own individual pots and they are now living Baggy-less..
I am really surprised at how fast they are growing. I'm hovering over them all the time trying to get them to grow faster for a donation for NASC... I'm so excited that I will actually have a carnivorous plant to donate :)

The pitchers on two of them are really quite big, big enough that I am feeding them a bit of milk via a straw to try to get them to grow even faster. (Sip sip, mmmm tasty...but where are the cookies?)
DSC01081.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

DSC01084.jpg

DSC01085.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

Isn't the red on this pitcher awesome?

DSC01088.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01083.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

Besides the big ones in their individual pots here a several of their siblings that obviously do not have the same grow-get-em attitude as their big siblings.

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

holy crap lol those are some faaaast growing seedlings
good job :D

WOW! That sure was quick! Very nice leaf jump on the first! Is that from the milk? I'd like to try that. My favorites are the 2nd and 3rd ones. Great job. :D

Nice looking plants! I always like to see the variation among seedlings.

I'm not sure what the big jump in leaf size in the first pic is from...not milk though because that plant had small pitchers too closed for me to fit the straw in to dribble some milk without spilling all over the pitcher itself and them making it a mess. Plus even for the ones who got milk (mmm, Got Milk?) they were fed only 2-3 days ago and I doubt I'd bee seeing any results yet considering they haven't unfurled any new leaves since.

Great job!

... now I must go get some nep seed... :)

Plus even for the ones who got milk (mmm, Got Milk?) they were fed only 2-3 days ago and I doubt I'd bee seeing any results yet considering they haven't unfurled any new leaves since.

Oh, I see. I hope it works out great. :)

Lol, nice pun. xD

Back