What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some Baby Neps

first, my splendiana x [(Veitchii x Maxima) x Veitchii] seedlings, i got the seeds a few months ago from our beloved Barracuda 45, who received em from tropics, these are only my largest ones which were ready to be moved to their new pot. The first ones germinated within a week and a half of sowing the seeds.
nepseedlings10-28-08004.jpg

and with their acclimation dome, coming from their little seedtray, im trying to be careful lol...dont wanna kill my babies
nepseedlings10-28-08006.jpg

Now, i know tsk tsk tsk for this, but i sowed some Splendiana x (Rokko x Stenophylla) seeds about a month and a half ago.....completely forgot to water em for a few weeks, didnt even cover this batch...sedge(sp) grass was overwhelming the seedtray, and i looked today....and hiding in the grass and on dry sphagnum moss, was a baby nep. i was like...wtf am i dreaming? lol. Well, rather than risk me forgetting it again, i carefully repotted it. its itty bitty xD
nepseedlings10-28-08005.jpg

Awwwwww how adorable are they, thats awsome Kris, glad they grew for you.. There cuties... :-D Now as for the ones ya total forgot about shame on you.. LOL!! J/K!! But wow seriously look how hardy they are to get one to pop even after being without the right germinating conditions.. CONGRATS!!!

Thanks again Barra for the seeds, i wanna see some pics of your babies!!!

Back