Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N. Gracilis. Thanks Xvart!!!

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N. Gracilis. Thanks Xvart!!!

I wanted to post a few pics of the Gracilis i recived from Xvart. Its doing great and growing well since it arived and didnt stress at all from shipping. Xvart thanks for the neps and i will get more pics posted of the rest of them soon. I fell in love with this one and it has beautiful pitchers.. Took advatage of a beautiful day and got some pics outside, sure wish my stupid digi cam would co-operate with me.. It has new growth up top and down below..

Thank you Xvart..
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah. It looks great! That basal seemed to have burst in size since I packed it up. I believe I got that plant from DroseraBug, if I remember correctly. It is a nice plant, and I look forward to seeing updates on it thriving for you.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where are the roots it seems like the plant is floating in mid-air. tell me if im wrong :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Halt, the roots are in the soil. There is a long woody stem that is six to eight inches long. You can see it in the third picture on the right side. Tracey has it tied up to that stake. I still can't believe how nice those basal pitchers look. I wonder if N. gracilis actually grows in boxes in situ, since they didn't look that good when I sent it.

xvart.

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Xvart, apreantly it loves my growing conditions and loving care. I like the way it looks hanging from the stick looks more pleasing in the grow chamber. The basal has taken right off with growth and the top has grown alot to, this is a VERY NICE nep..
    THANKS again Xvart...
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking nep.
    I'm getting some gracilis seeds soon, so maybe in about 4 years I'll have one as nice as yours
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow,

I remember that plant. What a beaut! I miss that bugger. It apparently got some nice petting since it left my house. Xvart, I commend your growing expertise. Looks great. Apparently that plant is tough. It's been shipped all over the country and just keeps looking better. I bet Xvart talked to it gave it some great media in a cozy warm spot. I'm impressed.
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DroseraBug View Post
    Wow,

I remember that plant. What a beaut! I miss that bugger. It apparently got some nice petting since it left my house. Xvart, I commend your growing expertise. Looks great. Apparently that plant is tough. It's been shipped all over the country and just keeps looking better. I bet Xvart talked to it gave it some great media in a cozy warm spot. I'm impressed.
    Heh. I greatly appreciate the kind words. However, as I was explaining to Tracey, when I received the plant from you I was short on basically all media types, so the media composition I used was pretty much 98% APS and one strand of LFS and a teaspoon of peat. Oh, and I think there was a piece or two of orchid bark towards the bottom.

It is a great plant. I love these plants that get traded around to various people. It has been in several hands, seen the country. Who knows when it will stop.

Good growing, all of us!

xvart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast