What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Gracilis. Thanks Xvart!!!

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
I wanted to post a few pics of the Gracilis i recived from Xvart. Its doing great and growing well since it arived and didnt stress at all from shipping. Xvart thanks for the neps and i will get more pics posted of the rest of them soon. I fell in love with this one and it has beautiful pitchers.. Took advatage of a beautiful day and got some pics outside, sure wish my stupid digi cam would co-operate with me.. :blush: It has new growth up top and down below..
nepenthesathome025.jpg

nepenthesathome028.jpg

nepenthesathome027.jpg

nepenthesathome026.jpg

nepenthesathome016.jpg

Thank you Xvart.. :hail:

Woah. It looks great! That basal seemed to have burst in size since I packed it up. I believe I got that plant from DroseraBug, if I remember correctly. It is a nice plant, and I look forward to seeing updates on it thriving for you.

xvart.

where are the roots it seems like the plant is floating in mid-air. tell me if im wrong :]

Hi Halt, the roots are in the soil. There is a long woody stem that is six to eight inches long. You can see it in the third picture on the right side. Tracey has it tied up to that stake. I still can't believe how nice those basal pitchers look. I wonder if N. gracilis actually grows in boxes in situ, since they didn't look that good when I sent it.

xvart.

Thanks Xvart, apreantly it loves my growing conditions and loving care. I like the way it looks hanging from the stick looks more pleasing in the grow chamber.:-D The basal has taken right off with growth and the top has grown alot to, this is a VERY NICE nep..
THANKS again Xvart...:hail:

Nice looking nep.
I'm getting some gracilis seeds soon, so maybe in about 4 years I'll have one as nice as yours:)

Wow,

I remember that plant. What a beaut! I miss that bugger. It apparently got some nice petting since it left my house. Xvart, I commend your growing expertise. Looks great. Apparently that plant is tough. It's been shipped all over the country and just keeps looking better. I bet Xvart talked to it gave it some great media in a cozy warm spot. I'm impressed.

Wow,

I remember that plant. What a beaut! I miss that bugger. It apparently got some nice petting since it left my house. Xvart, I commend your growing expertise. Looks great. Apparently that plant is tough. It's been shipped all over the country and just keeps looking better. I bet Xvart talked to it gave it some great media in a cozy warm spot. I'm impressed.

Heh. I greatly appreciate the kind words. However, as I was explaining to Tracey, when I received the plant from you I was short on basically all media types, so the media composition I used was pretty much 98% APS and one strand of LFS and a teaspoon of peat. Oh, and I think there was a piece or two of orchid bark towards the bottom.

It is a great plant. I love these plants that get traded around to various people. It has been in several hands, seen the country. Who knows when it will stop.

Good growing, all of us!

xvart.

Yeah - the pitcher to leaf ratio on that basal is crazy!

Yeah - the pitcher to leaf ratio on that basal is crazy!

All this talk about how awesome that N. gracilis makes me want it back! lol, just kidding.

nightsky, your avatar is hilarious. When I first saw it out of the corner of my eye I thought Clint had come back. Funny stuff.

xvart.

Back