What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic hanging pot?

• Thread starter NaRnAr
  • Start date

NaRnAr

Ive got Crabs!
This might be a very stupid question but here goes....

I know that plastic containers is best for the CPs. Do the ceramic containers leech things into the dirt? I have a ceramic hanging planter and am wondering if I could use it for my nep? Could I perhaps line it with a Target bag if the ceramic is not suitable?

the issue with ceramic is if your water isnt nearly pure or if you use inorganic ferts......they suck up salts like a sponge but if there are no salts to suck up there is no issue.........ive got a few CP's in terra cotta pots.....but since i use RO water and organic ferts i have never had a problem with them..........

ahh ok. I use distilled water but I had a strawberry plant in it previously...with some organic potting soil but used tap water to water the strawberry plant. I guess i could give it a go and see what happens.

i wouldnt.......if your going to use these types of pots its best to buy new......its going to have soaked up alot of minerals from your tap water

ok I will use it for something else :) Perhaps a spider plant or something.

Back