What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mulensis lowlii

Can this hybrid be grown as a high or low land nepenthes?

Its a highland species with a growth rate similar to lowli. It needs highland conditions.

Muluensis x Lowii, not lowlii or lowli lol...it seems to be a rather easy hybrid, but is indeed slow. Just like both of its parents. But is very beautiful.

Mine is suuuuppppeeeer slow. It's been inflating a pitcher for 6+ months!! Ridiculous. Kept in standard highland conditions.

This plant hates me. Apparently it needs more humidity. Didn't grow for a loooong time, then blackened and died.

I wouldn't bother trying to grow it in lowland conditions. Intermediate maayybe, but it really should get strict highland conditions for at least a few months a year.
Both of mine are growing well with ~75F days, ~55F nights, and plenty of humidity.

Andrew has basically the same conditions as me, but my mights dip into the 40s, not recently though due to the crappy storm we have....my nights have been in the 60s and upper 50s....that will change soon though

I just got one. I'll see how it does with my other highlands.

heres a shot of my Muluensis x Lowii, still very small right now...4" in diameter maybe? 3 1/2 o_O idk
MuluensisxLowiiandLowii001.jpg

This one hated me too. Don't feel too bad. It hates everyone.

Back