What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. sanguinea orange

took some pics today when watering.
this nep has really taken off since cutting the vine it had.
I have had this for 3-4 yrs.
It's very drought resistant and pitchures in low humidity.
If you want a great starter nep buy one of these from andy:)
sangorange1.jpg

sangorange2.jpg

Great looking N.sanguinea I agree N.sanguinea from Andy is great mine is growing great and it's pitchers are so nice my recent one to open has a very striped peristome like yours.

I can't wait till mine gets like yours their pitchers are so nice and fuzzy and mine likes to drool red nector alot. =)

Hmmm, mines not pitchering and growing slowly.

I'm assuming you don't really grow it hanging directly over your kitchen sink. What kind of conditions --> specifically lighting, do you give it?

Awesome, looking good. I've had my oldest N. sanguinea for about four years as well, and it's getting huge. I'm excited about growing it outside for the first time this next summer. Your pics make me feel more confident about cutting it back - the biggest of mine are starting to vine and I was hesitating to prune them because I want to see uppers and didn't want to stall any. Did you keep the leader(s) when you cut your vine back? I understand that the growth point tends to grow up faster/stronger than dormant nodes on cuttings.
~Joe

Yes looks nice pitchers get pretty big to :)
Bye for now julian

huh... doesn't look quite right for N. sanguinea

Very healthy though

It's very drought resistant and pitchures in low humidity.

I can certainly attest to the drought resistance. I routinely do not water mine for extended extended periods of time. I'm almost to the point where I only water when I notice the leaves are starting to shrivel. They always pop back quickly.

xvart.

Wow, that's huge. Can't wait till mines pitcher...if it starts growing again. It just stopped in the middle of growing. It must be a pain to have it there.

I don't keep the nep there over the sink. I move it there sometimes to take pics and to flush the pot well.
I fertilize my neps sometimes so I flush well after. It's nice to have a R/O system:)
DavyJones, I keep it in the bay windows I have. Gets direct sun for part of the day, then some bright light. It's nearing the shortest day of the year here so is kind of sulking???
Capensis, It seems to go through bursts of growth.

Back