User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pest help needed, tried systemic insecticide.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyJones View Post
    Wikipedia also suggest releasing a ravenous hoard of Ladybugs upon them. That might leave you with another problem though, getting rid of the ladybugs, which I find rather annoying.
    There were literally been swarms and swarms of lady bugs in my area a couple of weeks ago. They all came in the no seal window screens I have and got in a huge cluster in the corner of the ceiling. They were actually Japanese or Asian Beetles or something like that.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup, they huddle together in warm places to spend the winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i read this thread, rushed upstairs to my plants, and found them on my sundew Q_Q
    guess i'll have to try that dry ice technique soon
    Finer in 09'er

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure of getting rid of the plant. I have it isolated where it comes in contact with no walls and is at least 9 inches from the 3 plants that it's near. It's the most isolated spot I have.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd put it by a window in another room until the problem was solved.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im gona throw my 2 cents worth in here guys, over the many many yrs of getting diffrent pests not only on reptiles that came in rescue but also on plants and such the one method i have used over the many yrs has always been what worked for me no matter how tiny or hard the pest was to get rid of, no spraying with insectisides and the like. Heres what ya do, if the plant you have is say to large to isolate per say cant get it into a big bucket or terrarium, you can use a garbage bag as a tent for over the plant, smaller plants use the bucket or terraium to set them in for isolation, this will take 2 to 3 days to work. If using a terrarium or bucket make sure to cover the top completly, if using the garbage bag tent make sure to prop it up so as not to come in contact with the plant while its over the plant and then tape shut on the bottom where its around the pot. Now you need a STRONG no pest strip, not the cheap crap find the best one on the market, not the kind ya hang thats sticky tape, its the kind thats yellow blocky pad and comes in a hanger dealy, make sure to wear gloves and open that package and make sure your in a airy room, garage, outside, cut the yellow strip into pieces, so you can use diffrent ones for diffrent plants and or keep it whole for a whole collection of plants, place into nylon, the kid women use "pantyhose".. tie it off and then hang it or place laying on the edge of the pot for those that think they have pests in the potting soil, dont let it get soggy wet as it will lose its potentcy, humidity wont hurt it much, it wont hurt the plants as long as they dont come into direct contact with it per say rubbing it on the plants ect. ect. After treating for said amount of time check your plants if they look clean or bugs are dead on the plants mist off the dead bugs to clean off the plant, if there still there and active which most likely they will be dead but just incase retreat for 2 more days. After your done with treatment throw away the piece of no pest strip make sure to dispose of it properly. Left over pieces that you have cut wrap them up in aluminum foil then bag up in zip lock baggie and store in a drak cool place for future use. You can retreat again in 10 days.
    Just my 2 cents worth, has never failed me for all sorts plants and or reptiles that have come in with mites, ticks ect. ect.

To me constant drenching so to speak with chemicals is not good for anything in my book..
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could try an ant colony lol. I am pretty sure it was predation by tetramorium that saved my ventricosa.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay! this is really bad.... my N.fusca sarawak and N.alata are showing these pests as well. Dammit!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast