What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new nepenthes looks rare

that

is

gross

but for some reason I think it would look great in my collection!

amen brother..

I’m just glad you found it disturbing.

Here are a few cultivation tips .......

N. testiculata should be grown in an open and airy environment ..... when keep too damp it can become subject to fungal infections and worse. Temperature is also an important factor in the cultivation of this plant. If, the temperatures are too cold then, it tends to make much smaller pitchers and when grown too hot the pitchers tend to become saggy and loose. Younger plants often sport small but firm pitchers with a velvety texture whereas the pitchers of older plants tend to become larger and more leathery.

Never found growing alone, N. testiculata grows sympatrically with it’s twin species N. scrotumus and, unless one is an expert, it can be very difficult to tell them apart. (I leave this job to the professional taxonomists! ). These two species compliment each other in nature and when cared for properly are very rewarding to grow. Perhaps the most unusual feature of these two species is their enormous flower stalk. I’ll try to get pictures if you like.

here is the link this was copied from http://pitcherplants.proboards34.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=6884&page=1

:-))

interesting nep, are double pitchers comon?

Back